Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just upgraded from the 2014 V6 to a 2016 GT.

Mine is a base model. It has the performance package and reverse sensors. Very nice combo to have (backup camera and sensors).

The color is Guard Metallic. Probably won't do much to it besides mufflers and an oil catch can for now. But once the warranty runs out, it will be a mod fest.

Definitely a huge change between the two cars. Even though my 3.7 had full bolt-ons, this v8 is way more powerful.

Here are pics of my old ride and new ride.

What's that saying? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :)

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461121301.431999.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461121323.444613.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also went from a '12 V6 to a '16 GT PP base. World of difference!
Oh and you won't wait til the warranty runs out lol.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

Probably not but definitely till after the summer time. Got some health stuff coming up that is fairly expensive.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope your okay bro. 👍

Just a near stock 3.7
Thanks man. Me too. With my condition you are supposed to get a checkup every 1-2 years. It has been 6 years since I went to the dr. last. Mainly due to insurance purposes.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Also, if anyone has any cool info on the newer 5.0s, let me know! I am still learning stuff about this car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thought ObozoCare was supposed to "fix" all insurance woes.. Yea right LOL. Trust all goes well.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if it is normal and to be expected. But when pressing down the clutch pedal on this new 5.0, it goes with minimal pushback/resistance. The 2011 V6 I had, it had some pressure to it so it seemed easier to work.

Will this be the same for the 5.0 as it gets worn in or will this be the norm?

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a clutch assist spring in there. Some people have taken them out completely or have opted for a different spring (Steeda makes one) to change the clutch feel.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a clutch assist spring in there. Some people have taken them out completely or have opted for a different spring (Steeda makes one) to change the clutch feel.
Thanks man! Will look into it. I want a stiffer feel. If that makes any sense. lol

And now all the GT guys are revving and waving at me when they go by. :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its awesome to join the V8 crowd. Welocome aboard. I sometimes wish i would have gone with the guard mettalic instead of the ingot silver, but wanted the 50th Anniversary Edition.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its awesome to join the V8 crowd. Welocome aboard. I sometimes wish i would have gone with the guard mettalic instead of the ingot silver, but wanted the 50th Anniversary Edition.
Hey man that is a nice package to have! :thumb:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yea. Ended up with slightly better deal so stayed with it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm just surprised no one has told you that you should've bought a 14 GT or a new Camaro yet. It's a new record lol. What's the line about haters and what they are going to do ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the club. You could also look into upgrading the plastic, hydraulic clutch line. I am assuming that the 16 still has the plastic line, as do the 13's and 14's. Does anyone know for sure if Ford might have already upgraded the line on the new ones?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just surprised no one has told you that you should've bought a 14 GT or a new Camaro yet. It's a new record lol. What's the line about haters and what they are going to do ?

Haters gonna hate and ainters gonna aint. :lol:

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.