Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I found a pop out compartment on the left side if the steering wheel near the trunk release button. Would this be it?

You can hide your w**d in there? Lol jk :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
16 Posts
What other cheap mods are GT owners doing for power that does not void warranty? Are pulleys still a power mod on the S550?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The mystery bin on the left of the dash is the sunglasses holder. Love the guard metallic, by the way. I chose the blue but guard would have been my next choice. Both the impact blue and guard are disappearing after the '16 model, so they will be somewhat rare birds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What other cheap mods are GT owners doing for power that does not void warranty? Are pulleys still a power mod on the S550?

Not doing any performance mods, but I am swapping out the steering wheel for the flat-bottomed GT550 one. You can find them on eBay for about $320.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yea I won't be doing performance mods for awhile either. Mainly just looks and a set of mufflers. That is why I made sure to get the GT Performance Pack. So it is all equipped from Ford and everything is warrantied with the car. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Yea I won't be doing performance mods for awhile either. Mainly just looks and a set of mufflers. That is why I made sure to get the GT Performance Pack. So it is all equipped from Ford and everything is warrantied with the car. :thumb:
How often do you auto x track race?

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Nope. Just babying it and staring at it/sitting in it for awkward amounts of time. :bow:
Well, I'm sure after babying it and staring at it, you will start track racing it. After all, you got the performance pack. Isn't the performance pack made for track racing? Upgraded suspension and brakes?

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well, I'm sure after babying it and staring at it, you will start track racing it. After all, you got the performance pack. Isn't the performance pack made for track racing? Upgraded suspension and brakes?

Just a near stock 3.7
I believe so. If anything, I may drag race it once or twice in 2-3 years. Performance Parts for the newer GTs are more expensive then the V6.

For instance, Shorty Headers for the V8 are around $650 new (BBK Ceramic shorties)

For the V6, you can snag a pair for $400 or so.

This applies to other stuff as well. So it will take a little more saving to mod this beast. :) Which will then be more time before I drag race it.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I believe so. If anything, I may drag race it once or twice in 2-3 years. Performance Parts for the newer GTs are more expensive then the V6.

For instance, Shorty Headers for the V8 are around $650 new (BBK Ceramic shorties)

For the V6, you can snag a pair for $400 or so.

This applies to other stuff as well. So it will take a little more saving to mod this beast. :) Which will then be more time before I drag race it.
I hear you in that man. V8 mods are always more. Just out of my own curiosity what made you buy a track edition 5.0 when you don't auto track race? Just wondering and mean no disrespect.

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I hear you in that man. V8 mods are always more. Just out of my own curiosity what made you buy a track edition 5.0 when you don't auto track race? Just wondering and mean no disrespect.

Just a near stock 3.7
I had similar wheels, brakes, and gears on my 2014. To help offset the loss on parts, I opted for a 5.0 w/ Performance Package so if I chose to do anything in the future, I would still have all of that.

And you gotta admit, it makes the car dead sexy. :cool:

Lastly, this one in particular was surprisingly the only one I qualified for. Because this one had $4,000 off MSRP. The rest (even base models), had a smaller discount. I needed the discount so my negative equity was offset. So it all worked out in the end. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Haha, you only qualified for the PP one so guess you'll have to "deal" with shorter gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I had similar wheels, brakes, and gears on my 2014. To help offset the loss on parts, I opted for a 5.0 w/ Performance Package so if I chose to do anything in the future, I would still have all of that.

And you gotta admit, it makes the car dead sexy. :cool:

Lastly, this one in particular was surprisingly the only one I qualified for. Because this one had $4,000 off MSRP. The rest (even base models), had a smaller discount. I needed the discount so my negative equity was offset. So it all worked out in the end. :)
Got ya. Cool man. 😆

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Registered
29 Posts

Just a near stock 3.7

Sounding a little butt hurt, what's your issue with the performance pack

NHFD01

21 - 40 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.