Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm new to the 5.0 family too. Traded in my 2012 V6 for a 2016 GT Premium. Best decision I ever made. It's amazing!

Out with the old, in with the new!
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461566826.663395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
555 Posts
I love those shots ! Love your old ride too man! Here's some of mine

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461571699.349121.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461571727.646452.jpg

Haha same pArking spot less than 3 years apart

·
Banned
275 Posts
I don't know anyone who owns a Ferrari but if they did I would ask them if they track it if the cars design to be used as a track car.

I don't know anyone with mil spec riffles to ask if they shoot them. I never said don't buy a mustang. I was just curious as to why people were buying certain upgrades meaning suspension and braking systems that are designed for track use if someone does plan on track racing.

Curiosity! That's all. I was just trying to look at ones point of view in paying for upgraded performance parts and never using them for what they are designed for.

I hear people ask me why don't you put Brembo brakes on my car. I'm like why? My braking system works just fine. It stops my car just fine.

I'm cool with people buying what ever they want I just like to understand why people choose what they choose. I have never upgraded any performance part on my mustang that I didn't use or have purpose for just to say I have it.

Just a near stock 3.7

Why are you putting lca's on v6. Seems like a waste.

·
Banned
275 Posts
At the time I had 215 65 17's putting down 300 rwhp.

Just a near stock 3.7

Lol I was close. That's why you had wheel hop. Wider tires would have cured it. I had 295-35-20 on a v6 with similar mods and 3.73 gears and I never had wheel hop.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Lol I was close. That's why you had wheel hop. Wider tires would have cured it. I had 295-35-20 on a v6 with similar mods and 3.73 gears and I never had wheel hop.

The whole axle behaves better with the poly bushings over the stock soft rubber. Same with upgrading to a poly bushing panhard. Everything is more stable and solid. The added traction is a bonus.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
The whole axle behaves better with the poly bushings over the stock soft rubber. Same with upgrading to a poly bushing panhard. Everything is more stable and solid. The added traction is a bonus.
I have no regrets installing my aftermarket lower control arms

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Congrats!! Glad you love the new ride

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
It's a waste on a car that has no business having one. A stable suspension for what? Dodging deers and getting groceries?

Good point sir. What type of mustang should have a stable suspension? Does the amout of cylinders a vehicle have determine the suspension set up?

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So I just finished selling off all of my 3.7 parts. The 1 item that kept coming up every time I met up with a 3.7 person was "I REALLY like this car. I can't wait to get a GT." Then they would go on and ask me stuff about it and what I thought.

Very nice feeling to go from the person who always stared at 5.0s and kept wishing - to being a guy with a 5.0 and now being able to share my experience with the newer Mustang guys w/ 3.7s about my journey with my own 3.7 and my new 5.0.

I do get consistently from other Mustang owners - they always like this color "Guard Metallic". I am actually surprised at how much people really like it.

61 - 80 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.