Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 177 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #81
OP, both of your cars are great looking.

I too got rid of my 2013 junk for an S550.

View attachment 200344
Thanks. I saw my 2014 for sale the other day and teared up a little. :cry:

Lots of great memories and traveling in that car. I can only hope the next owner takes great care of it and also joins M.E. so I can let them know all the mods they already have. :lol:

But the 5.0 is definitely worth it. I am very lucky to get one with the Performance Pack so I don't have to come out of pocket all at once later for stuff like gears, strut brace, Brembos, etc.

Registered
I wish I would have bought the pp. I don't track, but I will do 90 on just about any turn you show me馃槢.

People like to drive the hell out of these cars, and performance is not just going flooring it and going straight. Performance is also tight turns (riding on rails), and stopping power. That is why folks get the pp.

I have the 16GT Prem. I wish I would have gotten the pp

Your question is valid, just trying to explain why people buy it.

Go to the dealer and test drive a pp GT. You may understand better

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Registered
My girl has a 14 V6 while I have a 13 GT. Hers is stock while mine has moderate bolt ons including 4.10 gears and a stage 3 clutch. It's a night and day difference between the two cars... You wouldn't even know they were both Mustangs if you changed the body style, based on how differently both cars drive and feel.

Congrats on your upgrade!

Banned
Good point sir. What type of mustang should have a stable suspension? Does the amout of cylinders a vehicle have determine the suspension set up?

Just a near stock 3.7

No but let's be honest. What's the purpose? It's like trying to spray febreze on a turd.

Registered
No but let's be honest. What's the purpose? It's like trying to spray febreze on a turd.

The guy does have a point... There comes a point where it's considered overkill... like supercharging a V6...

I think the real point here is, the application of LCAs on a 3.7 cannot utilize the increased stability the same way a 5.0 can, therefore some people would consider it a waste. This can be said about superchargers, slicks, stage 3+ clutches etc. There's a reason why you generally don't find those kinds of things on 3.7s...

Not that I really give a **** - to each their own. Do what makes you happy.

Registered

Wait, what's wrong with spraying febreze on a turd? What does febreze have to do with suspension set up? Wait, what does a turd have to do with track racing. Holy cow man, I'm so confused!

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
The guy does have a point... There comes a point where it's considered overkill... like supercharging a V6...

I think the real point here is, the application of LCAs on a 3.7 cannot utilize the increased stability the same way a 5.0 can, therefore some people would consider it a waste. This can be said about superchargers, slicks, stage 3+ clutches etc. There's a reason why you generally don't find those kinds of things on 3.7s...

Not that I really give a **** - to each their own. Do what makes you happy.
But LCA's are a good idea for those big 4.6's?

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
Thanks. I saw my 2014 for sale the other day and teared up a little. :cry:

Lots of great memories and traveling in that car. I can only hope the next owner takes great care of it and also joins M.E. so I can let them know all the mods they already have. :lol:

But the 5.0 is definitely worth it. I am very lucky to get one with the Performance Pack so I don't have to come out of pocket all at once later for stuff like gears, strut brace, Brembos, etc.

How much did they add on to the trade in value?

Instagram: @v6beast

Banned
Yeah, because its not like one can't do a gear swap. SMH!

Just a near stock 3.7

Why on earth would you do that? You know...they come with those economy gears for a reason. Your car is in no way shape or form supposed to be fast or be raced.

If you want a race car, buy a race car. If you change gears, your max speed will probably drop to 90. Sounds logical...

Banned
Valid point. I never thought about that and you are onto something. I was wondering why my pony would shut down at 90 mph. I did race a Nissan Leaf once on a private road and I crushed him by like 1/2 car length.

So its kind of like a race car, isn't it?

Just a near stock 3.7

And besides...if you were actually concerned with going fast, you wouldn't have those heavy mmd wheels.

Registered
And besides...if you were actually concerned with going fast, you wouldn't have those heavy mmd wheels.

Very true, good point. They are crazy heavy man. Thank you for you're guidance. Its highly appreciated. I'm gonna sell my MMD's stat! I'm going to leave the wheels off altogether. It will be much faster with no wheels on!

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462374763.474179.jpg
Hello all, new to the forum.
Since there seems to be an introduction form i'll start mine...

Lease ended with '12 Focus hatch and bought a '16 GT prem.

Yes i have the PP for the simplicity of already having these items installed and having my fun to and from work.

My only gripe about the car is the sound quality of the radio coming from a focus with an overhauled system, and the oh-so-smooth gear changes. Though i do have the steeda spring on it's way.

Registered
View attachment 200579
Hello all, new to the forum.
Since there seems to be an introduction form i'll start mine...

Lease ended with '12 Focus hatch and bought a '16 GT prem.

Yes i have the PP for the simplicity of already having these items installed and having my fun to and from work.

My only gripe about the car is the sound quality of the radio coming from a focus with an overhauled system, and the oh-so-smooth gear changes. Though i do have the steeda spring on it's way.

Welcome to the party! Congrats on the new ride and use it in good health.

Just a near stock 3.7

81 - 100 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.