Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
It's ok that you got a 3.7 because you want it to look fast. I just think your trying to convince yourself that it is fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What's fast? What's your definition of fast? Fast compared too what? Fast compared to a top fuel car?? Define fast too you?

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
View attachment 200579
Hello all, new to the forum.
Since there seems to be an introduction form i'll start mine...

Lease ended with '12 Focus hatch and bought a '16 GT prem.

Yes i have the PP for the simplicity of already having these items installed and having my fun to and from work.

My only gripe about the car is the sound quality of the radio coming from a focus with an overhauled system, and the oh-so-smooth gear changes. Though i do have the steeda spring on it's way.

I'm not a fan of white cars but these look great in white....Welcome to Mevo and check out my thread in the regional section I have a cruise in CT coming up in a couple of weeks.

Mud

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
View attachment 200579
Hello all, new to the forum.
Since there seems to be an introduction form i'll start mine...

Lease ended with '12 Focus hatch and bought a '16 GT prem.

Yes i have the PP for the simplicity of already having these items installed and having my fun to and from work.

My only gripe about the car is the sound quality of the radio coming from a focus with an overhauled system, and the oh-so-smooth gear changes. Though i do have the steeda spring on it's way.

Awesome looking car man! Welcome

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not a fan of white cars but these look great in white....Welcome to Mevo and check out my thread in the regional section I have a cruise in CT coming up in a couple of weeks.

Mud
I wasn't either till i saw this in white, and coming from a tuxedo black focus and f150, i can't take care of a black daily driver. Too much work for me.

Thanks for the invite but my wife and i are expecting a baby any time now. I'll be busy for a while. Hahah.

·
Registered
737 Posts
370Zs come with V6s but no one bats an eye...

Congrats on the new stang man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I'm still loving my 5.0. Every day I drive it, just makes my day that much better. Can't wait till I have more funds to mod it. But for now it will just be cheaper touch-up items.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You're comparing apples to oranges... Don't make Kona Blue come in here and start talking chicken nuggets...
I'm just saying! Those get FI and no one says "Should've gotten American muscle if you wanted power, these cars are only meant for turns. Way to waste your money noob."

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't want to take Kona Blue's position, but when you guys compare cars are you taking everything into consideration?
Weight, tq, hp, etc.?

I love my 5.0 but i'd take a 370z also.
Have you seen the one that was built to compete with Godzilla?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not all V6s are made equal... just because they have the same amount of cylinders doesn't mean they will perform the same... Would you prefer a V6 engine built by Chevy? Or a V6 built by Porsche?

If I had to choose, I would take the 370z's V6 over a S197's V6... then again I would never want a N/A V6 car to begin with. It's dangerous being on the freeway with such a lack of passing power!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don't want to take Kona Blue's position, but when you guys compare cars are you taking everything into consideration?
Weight, tq, hp, etc.?

I love my 5.0 but i'd take a 370z also.
Have you seen the one that was built to compete with Godzilla?
370Zs are about half a second quicker than a V6 Stang, but FI a 5.0 and you will net more power regardless.

So Nissans are then by most people's logic, by default they not built for drag racing and doing it for that purpose would be stupid and a waste of money.

Or am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Not all V6s are made equal... just because they have the same amount of cylinders doesn't mean they will perform the same... Would you prefer a V6 engine built by Chevy? Or a FLAT-6 built by Porsche?

If I had to choose, I would take the 370z's V6 over a S197's V6... then again I would never want a N/A V6 car to begin with. It's dangerous being on the freeway with such a lack of passing power!
Fixed it.

Respect the classics.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Well, Porsche has a V6 for the Cayenne; but I don't think SUVs were part of the discussion. Sorry, I'm weird when it comes to Porsche.

Respect the classics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So do you guys only have interest in 5.0s and v8s?
Or do you all enjoy talking about other vehicles as well?
Trying to catch the vibe from you guys other than ragging on Kona Blue.
Which i like so far.

·
Registered
555 Posts
So do you guys only have interest in 5.0s and v8s?
Or do you all enjoy talking about other vehicles as well?
Trying to catch the vibe from you guys other than ragging on Kona Blue.
Which i like so far.

I think the majority of s550 owners are out there driving their cars and the rest of us that want to be on the forum have to deal with casual morons and opinionated S197 owners.

Beats doing laundry I guess.

Or awkwardly explaining simple concepts to Kona.

101 - 120 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.