Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to the 5.0 crowd

8K views 175 replies 34 participants last post by  Strange Mud 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Just upgraded from the 2014 V6 to a 2016 GT.

Mine is a base model. It has the performance package and reverse sensors. Very nice combo to have (backup camera and sensors).

The color is Guard Metallic. Probably won't do much to it besides mufflers and an oil catch can for now. But once the warranty runs out, it will be a mod fest.

Definitely a huge change between the two cars. Even though my 3.7 had full bolt-ons, this v8 is way more powerful.

Here are pics of my old ride and new ride.

What's that saying? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Tire

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#7 ·
I thought ObozoCare was supposed to "fix" all insurance woes.. Yea right LOL. Trust all goes well.

#8 ·
Not sure if it is normal and to be expected. But when pressing down the clutch pedal on this new 5.0, it goes with minimal pushback/resistance. The 2011 V6 I had, it had some pressure to it so it seemed easier to work.

Will this be the same for the 5.0 as it gets worn in or will this be the norm?

#23 ·
I found a pop out compartment on the left side if the steering wheel near the trunk release button. Would this be it?

You can hide your w**d in there? Lol jk :lol:

#28 ·
Yea I won't be doing performance mods for awhile either. Mainly just looks and a set of mufflers. That is why I made sure to get the GT Performance Pack. So it is all equipped from Ford and everything is warrantied with the car. :thumb:

#46 ·
It's called a performance pack, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's molded for the track only. It's just a better overall mustang. That's my take on it. You are rarely going to find people who buy a brand new mustang to take it to the track. Most just like knowing they could.

I have been building my car for this purpose but have yet to take it. I am almost ready, but had I got the "trackpac" as they call it on a 14 I would have been a bit closer to my overall goal from the beginning. Thankfully I got the brembo setup with mine.

#48 ·
I could be wrong but its my understanding the performance pack is the new term that Ford calls it but was the trac pack in 14. The trac pac was upgraded suspension parts and brembo brakes. This model even gets 5W 50 oil because its designed for track use. Ford assumes people who buy a track made car will be tracking it. The performance pack (ex trac pac), was designed for track racing due to the upgraded suspension and brakes.

I guess my one question and I mean this with no disrespect. Why spend the money on buying a track made 5.0 but never gonna track it. Just go buy a non trac pac/performance pack. What exactly is the point to having all this upgraded suspension parts and a car designed for track use and never track race it.

That's like buying a Gt350 R and not track racing it. Why? Its designed to be used on a track. Just go by the Gt350 then!

Just a near stock 3.7

#52 ·
Why don't you ask every wig wearing rich guy why they buy a Ferrari and never track it? Why don't you ask everyone with mil spec rifles why they bought those guns and haven't shot anyone. Not everything is like a shovel. I have a lot of professional music equipment that would also seem unnecessary for someone who plays with friends on the week end and alone at home , but at the same time , so do a lot of other people. I haven't tracked mine yet and while I do intend to have fun with it, j just wanted the sportier drive , the feel, the look and the pedigree that comes with owning the real deal mustang. I know I could've bought a focus. Essentially , using your logic, if I only drive it to and from work why do I need a mustang ?

#54 ·
I don't know anyone who owns a Ferrari but if they did I would ask them if they track it if the cars design to be used as a track car.

I don't know anyone with mil spec riffles to ask if they shoot them. I never said don't buy a mustang. I was just curious as to why people were buying certain upgrades meaning suspension and braking systems that are designed for track use if someone does plan on track racing.

Curiosity! That's all. I was just trying to look at ones point of view in paying for upgraded performance parts and never using them for what they are designed for.

I hear people ask me why don't you put Brembo brakes on my car. I'm like why? My braking system works just fine. It stops my car just fine.

I'm cool with people buying what ever they want I just like to understand why people choose what they choose. I have never upgraded any performance part on my mustang that I didn't use or have purpose for just to say I have it.

Just a near stock 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.