Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals,

just bought my mustang 3 weeks ago and i'm looking for mods. it already has some work done but i'm not sure what has been done other then some body parts and dual exhaust. I'll post more pictures when it's a little nicer out. Living in Michigan during the winter time with a Mustang isn't all that much fun.. anyways i'm looking for a tuner.. i've seen all the different kinds and i've read all the reviews on their websites but i would like to get some feedback from you.. any help would be great.. thanks..

·
Registered
545 Posts
hey guys and gals,

just bought my mustang 3 weeks ago and i'm looking for mods. it already has some work done but i'm not sure what has been done other then some body parts and dual exhaust. I'll post more pictures when it's a little nicer out. Living in Michigan during the winter time with a Mustang isn't all that much fun.. anyways i'm looking for a tuner.. i've seen all the different kinds and i've read all the reviews on their websites but i would like to get some feedback from you.. any help would be great.. thanks..
I like the sct tuner from bama/American muscle. You might to check that out. Is your a v6 and what year is it. Post a pic. Congrats! On your new mustang.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's pretty sick v6 you got. I have a 2013 and I got a tuner from bama and I love it. It chafes the car completely. They will custom make tunes for you for all your mods that you have on your car. I would go this route for sure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't have massive experience with tuners, but have been reading up on them for the last few weeks and redbeast0712 makes a pretty good recommendation. The SCT and DiabloSport tuners from American Muscle come with tunes for life so if you change anything out, just hit them up, fill out a little survey telling them about the car and they'll send a new custom tune your way for your new mods. I think if I end up getting a tuner, I will be going for the DiabloSport InTune since it allegedly can keep your warranty so long as you flash back to stock before taking it into the dealership, but I don't know how willing I am to risk that. Doubtful it'd be much of an issue on a 2009 though since the warranty is probably over with anyways.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
SCT tuner from AM....AAA+++

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Bobby, what hood is that?

While it's not to my taste, unless you're running FI, that's a pretty cherry 'Stang you go there Mr.Bong-Toke.

And don't take this as flaming and/or trolling but I just need to know how you could buy a car, with mods done on it, and not know exactly what mods? I only ask because I check out For Sale project cars all the time, and while I'm smart enough to stay away from something someone has monkied around with, I'm always interested in the people who are bold enough to take a shot at buying someone elses modded project.

Again, I'm not trying to spread any hate. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the car from a dealership.. someone traded it in. as far as i can tell the only thing done to it is some body work and dual exhaust, Im pretty sure it's the elenor hood.. was hoping you all could help me out with that..along with the front end... i haven't seen one like that on any other mustang. why did i buy it?? it has 30000 miles on it and it was a steal for what i bought it for..someone else paid for all the body mods.. i had to jump on the deal..

·
Registered
344 Posts
i bought the car from a dealership.. someone traded it in. as far as i can tell the only thing done to it is some body work and dual exhaust, Im pretty sure it's the elenor hood.. was hoping you all could help me out with that..along with the front end... i haven't seen one like that on any other mustang. why did i buy it?? it has 30000 miles on it and it was a steal for what i bought it for..someone else paid for all the body mods.. i had to jump on the deal..
I hope you had it looked over by an impartial mechanic.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty slick looking ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had a buddy that knows a little about mustang come along with me to take a look.. he told me it was all stock under the hood and just had body work done...so i went with what he said... you got me worried now...lol..trust me i asked the dealer for the original owners number but they would'nt give it to me... i just know that it looks bad ass and runs awesome so i took a chance.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Before I stuck a tune on it, I would make sure no engine mods have been done. I would call the dealership I bought it from and get them to look at it. If you tune it without knowing, some of those tunes might not mix to well and make an inaccurate tune for your car. Nobody wants engine failure. That said, American Muscle is awesome. Everything for both mustangs I have had has came from them. I have the SCT tuner with free BAMA tunes for life. You tell them the mods, they send u the tuner preloaded. You do more mods, they send you tunes by email. The race tune from them in my Shelby is wicked!

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Most tuning is done with SCT equipment so I would stick with the SCT. Diablo is second in the aftermarket; nothing wrong with it, but not as common.

Whereabouts in Michigan are you?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yikes!

I'd be worried by that; the whole not having it checked out before hand and only having a buddy look at it. However, I'm gonna put some energy out into the universe for you in the hope that you've got yourself one sweet, sick ass deal.

Good luck.

And yeah, best thing to do is get a complete run-down on what's been done.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Don't let that scare you. You are talkin about a day out of life to insure a lifetime of fun. Get it checked and begin to unleash the beast within. No thang like a mustang. Dang, there's another bumper sticker we need made.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Giddyup!

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
"My pony eats hay... as in, "HAY, GET OUTTA MAH WAY!"

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Goin goin gone

Or, one that says, U'll never know what it says on the front.

On on the front that reads backwards, u won't be reading this for long. Lol!

·
Registered
137 Posts
If your underhood is bone stock, like you don't see a supercharger on there, there probably hadn't been all that much done to it. I would take a safe guess to say that given the power of an unboosted v6 even if it is mis tuned it would still run within safe enough parameters not to damage itself

That being said, you could always buy the bama sct tuner, hook it up to your car and a laptop (don't load the tunes), go for a drive to make a datalog and send in the data to bama and have them build a tune from that

1 - 20 of 25 Posts