Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
No problem, I would love to have something like that but having my car is expensive enough as it is going through college haha

·
Registered
870 Posts
Finally some traction! :)
What wheels and tires did you go to? They look narrow in the front and wide in the back sort of old school.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What wheels and tires did you go to? They look narrow in the front and wide in the back sort of old school.
They are RaceStar DarkStars (black chrome). 17x4.5 up front with M & H 185/55/17 and 15x10 on the read with MT ET STREETS 295/55/15.

·
Registered
870 Posts
They are RaceStar DarkStars (black chrome). 17x4.5 up front with M & H 185/55/17 and 15x10 on the read with MT ET STREETS 295/55/15.
This is a 2013 Shelby correct?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yes, why?
I just got a 13 in Jan and really have not looked to hard for different wheels and tires, so I am surprised to see 17 and 15 on one. I figured I was stuck looking for 19 and 20 rims and tires. I like the taller side walls on the tires for normal use like a road trip. Do they change the ride a lot?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got a 13 in Jan and really have not looked to hard for different wheels and tires, so I am surprised to see 17 and 15 on one. I figured I was stuck looking for 19 and 20 rims and tires. I like the taller side walls on the tires for normal use like a road trip. Do they change the ride a lot?
I did a lot of work to make them fit. Sway bar relocation brackets, relocated lower rear shocks and changed the brakes all around to 2012's. I figured that once I switched the rear gear to a 3.73 I wouldn't be doing any really high speed runs anymore and never any road racing. I do enjoy drag racing a lot and the trade off to put drag wheels/tires on it was worth it to me.

As for ride, steering is lighter due to reduced mass and I have a boat load more traction. I still use the stock wheels for most of my daily driving though as you do lose a bit of cornering ability with the smaller front tires and drag radials.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I did a lot of work to make them fit. Sway bar relocation brackets, relocated lower rear shocks and changed the brakes all around to 2012's. I figured that once I switched the rear gear to a 3.73 I wouldn't be doing any really high speed runs anymore and never any road racing. I do enjoy drag racing a lot and the trade off to put drag wheels/tires on it was worth it to me.

As for ride, steering is lighter due to reduced mass and I have a boat load more traction. I still use the stock wheels for most of my daily driving though as you do lose a bit of cornering ability with the smaller front tires and drag radials.

Thanks gives me some ideas I do like the look of my stock tires and wheels but I makes runs to Missouri once or twice a year to visit family. They live two miles down a gravel road and I am not so sure how well the GY factory tires will do on the gravel. I have had rocks go though a tire more then once on this road. I guess I will know in June.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts