Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Finally some traction! :)
What wheels and tires did you go to? They look narrow in the front and wide in the back sort of old school.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
They are RaceStar DarkStars (black chrome). 17x4.5 up front with M & H 185/55/17 and 15x10 on the read with MT ET STREETS 295/55/15.
This is a 2013 Shelby correct?

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Yes, why?
I just got a 13 in Jan and really have not looked to hard for different wheels and tires, so I am surprised to see 17 and 15 on one. I figured I was stuck looking for 19 and 20 rims and tires. I like the taller side walls on the tires for normal use like a road trip. Do they change the ride a lot?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got a 13 in Jan and really have not looked to hard for different wheels and tires, so I am surprised to see 17 and 15 on one. I figured I was stuck looking for 19 and 20 rims and tires. I like the taller side walls on the tires for normal use like a road trip. Do they change the ride a lot?
I did a lot of work to make them fit. Sway bar relocation brackets, relocated lower rear shocks and changed the brakes all around to 2012's. I figured that once I switched the rear gear to a 3.73 I wouldn't be doing any really high speed runs anymore and never any road racing. I do enjoy drag racing a lot and the trade off to put drag wheels/tires on it was worth it to me.

As for ride, steering is lighter due to reduced mass and I have a boat load more traction. I still use the stock wheels for most of my daily driving though as you do lose a bit of cornering ability with the smaller front tires and drag radials.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
I did a lot of work to make them fit. Sway bar relocation brackets, relocated lower rear shocks and changed the brakes all around to 2012's. I figured that once I switched the rear gear to a 3.73 I wouldn't be doing any really high speed runs anymore and never any road racing. I do enjoy drag racing a lot and the trade off to put drag wheels/tires on it was worth it to me.

As for ride, steering is lighter due to reduced mass and I have a boat load more traction. I still use the stock wheels for most of my daily driving though as you do lose a bit of cornering ability with the smaller front tires and drag radials.

Thanks gives me some ideas I do like the look of my stock tires and wheels but I makes runs to Missouri once or twice a year to visit family. They live two miles down a gravel road and I am not so sure how well the GY factory tires will do on the gravel. I have had rocks go though a tire more then once on this road. I guess I will know in June.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.