Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got somewhat decent weather I Michigan. Put on the new wheels and tires. Chrome bullitt replicas. Up front 18x9 wrapped in Nitto NT555 255/45, out back 18x10 in Nitto NT555 285/45. Love the look of them! Now this weekend going to upgrade the suspension and drop it down 1.5".

Question for those running 255s up front, do you guys get and steering shimmy? Some roads (should say all) around me aren't the smoothest and I get a slight not that noticeable shimmy in the steering wheel. Is this normal are should these tires be rebalanced. I've torqued each wheel down to 100 ft-lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Nice. Rear looks good!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

255 on a 9 inch wheel might be skinny, causing that.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
How wide are the brembo wheels though?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. Rear looks good!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

255 on a 9 inch wheel might be skinny, causing that.
Thanks! For the tire the recommended wheel size is 8.5. Thinking the balancing is off.

Can't say I've noticed any shimmy, but going over bumps and such you definatly know there not the stock ones
I haven't been over any speed bumps yet but little chuck holes in the road I barely notice. It's hell of a lot better ride than with the 235s I had on before!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Okay well I figured 255 on 9 inch was a little skinny since most run 275 on 9 inch
I'm no expert haha, just letting you know what the stock wheel width is, whether that's good or not I have no idea.

Thanks! For the tire the recommended wheel size is 8.5. Thinking the balancing is off.
I've been looking at wheels for like the last two days trying to figure out what I want to get, and the 255s have a range of 7.5" to 9.5" so with 8.5" being the middle you're definitely correct but 9" shouldn't be a big difference. With mine I do notice the wheels pull pretty easily on certain roads depending on how grooved the road is but some roads it's easy to keep the wheels straight. Best of luck with the tires!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts