Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an '05 convertible GT which comes with 17 x 8 alloys. I'm looking to upgrade to something a little bolder. not too outrageous. Any suggestion on some good quality (affordable) wheels? Any suggestions on size, 18? 19? 20's!!!?

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
I wonder what the FR500s would look like on the 05s... hum, they do still have the same bolt pattern... or dont they?

I think some 18 inch really clean bullit style wheels ( boyd coddington smoothies ) would look great.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
chrome lipped spinnaz!!!

Some BBS wheels would look good.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
bullits are over played, but in 18s in chrome, possibly the smoothie style, on an 05 it would look pretty good. He didnt say what looks good minus whats over played, just what looks good :p:

·
Registered
97 Posts
chrome FR500's :D I wish i had the money for them but I will be getting the painted ones....oh yeh I wouldn't go any bigger then 18's I don't think bigger rims then that look right on the new ones

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is windveil blue,tan top and leather. I consideredthe sonic blue but I think that color is getting a little 'overplayed'. I was thinking 18 bullits, but I appreciate these other suggestions. 18 is probably big enough, but the 20s on the Saleen look wicked. Of course, I don't have 3G to drop on wheels so that's probably not happening. Any idea on the max width before I get wheel rub on the front?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have the car yet but here are some black Kazera 18s on the blue coupe...................interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that didn't work...wrong thumbnail. You can play with all this stuff on tirerack.com , pretty cool and easier than photoshop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts