Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been shopping around for new wheels for awhile now and one of my buddies sent me a picture of some wheels he found online and I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on them, and if you don't like them recommend some that you do like? I want to stick with 18 inch as I'm about to lower my car and just bought new tires for my current rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm in the hunt for some new wheels too.

Was gonna have mine refinished, powder coated matte black. Would cost me
$500 to have wheels+lugs done.
+ cost of taking wheels off car, tires off rims
And
+ cost of renting bay in shop for 4 days till they are done. Since I have nowhere at home to store my car while they are being refinished.
Now now I'm looking for some wheels that are matte black, or some that I can have powder coated and purchase for a lower price

·
Registered
881 Posts
So I've been shopping around for new wheels for awhile now and one of my buddies sent me a picture of some wheels he found online and I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on them, and if you don't like them recommend some that you do like? I want to stick with 18 inch as I'm about to lower my car and just bought new tires for my current rims.
Do you have to buy new tpms sensors? Or can old ones be reused?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about getting a GT/CS style vinyl for the sides that would be the same color as the lip

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

Those wheels look pretty wild on a black Mustang. The only thing I would be concerned with is the quality, but that's only because I'm not familiar with the company. I'm not saying they're bad quality, I just don't have any experience with them, so hopefully others will be able to post up their personal experience!

My only other suggestion is maybe some Staggered Gloss Black AMR wheels. They're a somewhat similar spoke style, but have their own look of course. These wheels also come with a 1yr finish warranty and a lifetime structural warranty.

Let me know what you think!

Shane

Do you have to buy new tpms sensors? Or can old ones be reused?
The '07-'09 factory TPMS sensors are the band type around the whole wheel. So, you won't be able to transfer these to another wheel without buying a new band for the sensors. Also, you won't be able to buy bands for a taller than factory wheel as well. However, '10-'13 TPMS sensors are the stem type and these can work for '07-'09 cars too. This will be your only replacement option if you switch to a taller than factory wheel.

Hope this clears things up. Let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Shane

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you took the am gloss black wheels and had the sides of the spokes powder coated or painted red thatd look realllllly cool I think.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i think they look sick always loved the red lip

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I like them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm in the hunt for some new wheels too.

Was gonna have mine refinished, powder coated matte black. Would cost me
$500 to have wheels+lugs done.
+ cost of taking wheels off car, tires off rims
And
+ cost of renting bay in shop for 4 days till they are done. Since I have nowhere at home to store my car while they are being refinished.
Now now I'm looking for some wheels that are matte black, or some that I can have powder coated and purchase for a lower price
Hey man I have some used 20" Chip Foose chrome wheels I'm trying to sell. They have some curb rash around the lip but over they're in great shape if your interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts