Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I am about to pick up my '15 50th Anv. model in Wimb White in a couple weeks! ...but I can start dreaming/planning now!

A past Stang owner, but been awhile and this will be a step up!

So, if you were going to do your first 5 mods, what would they be and why!?
- Exhaust seems to be #1 for all. This will be a daily driver...and in my 50's, so want more rumble, but not crazy loud! I saw a lot of people reco the Rosch axcel back....but in talking with the AM folks, based on my needs they reco's the Borola (Stinger or Tour) Cat-back. Nice rumble, but not as loud...and Cat-back easier to install and has the pipe mod included. ...is the "H" or "X" pipe needed and why? ...ok, let the opinions fly!

....what else?

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
First off let's see that S550.
Second, liking the Trigun avatar.
Third, let's see that S550!

Adventure till you drop.

·
Registered
122 Posts
On the S197 platform I would have a laundry list of things 2 miles long. On the S550, toss on whatever cat-back sounds good to you and have fun driving it :)

Seriously, unless you plan on HPDE or other racing that would push for specific mods, there really isn't much needed on these cars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the S197 platform I would have a laundry list of things 2 miles long. On the S550, toss on whatever cat-back sounds good to you and have fun driving it :)

Seriously, unless you plan on HPDE or other racing that would push for specific mods, there really isn't much needed on these cars.
What one would reco...nice deep rumble, but not too loud?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm the wrong guy to ask, I just hit 1k on the odometer and I am on stock exhaust for now.
If I want rumble, I fire up the old '69 :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Have Fun Modding....

Hey all!

I am about to pick up my '15 50th Anv. model in Wimb White in a couple weeks! ...but I can start dreaming/planning now!

A past Stang owner, but been awhile and this will be a step up!

So, if you were going to do your first 5 mods, what would they be and why!?
- Exhaust seems to be #1 for all. This will be a daily driver...and in my 50's, so want more rumble, but not crazy loud! I saw a lot of people reco the Rosch axcel back....but in talking with the AM folks, based on my needs they reco's the Borola (Stinger or Tour) Cat-back. Nice rumble, but not as loud...and Cat-back easier to install and has the pipe mod included. ...is the "H" or "X" pipe needed and why? ...ok, let the opinions fly!

....what else?
----------------------------------
1) Exhaust, Ceramic Headers- BBK, Catted H-Pipe, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust

2) Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft
3) Bama Tuner

4) Satin JLT Oil Separator

5) If your not going to use your existing tires, New Rims and Tires. If your going to keep them, look at an upgrade on your suspension.

Good Luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I think I will keep the wheels and tires (since unique to this model), but I will need Winter wheels/tires!

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. You picked a great color (I'm not biased or anything ?). Unless your car has been completely repainted it's Oxford white (just thought I'd throw that out there).

As for mods, if I were to buy a 15 I would buy a borla set up (me personally, I love Ataks but if you are not looking for super aggressive I would stick with the s type). Second I would look into Steeda springs and wheel hop reducing mods (they make some specific parts to do this that replaced the crappy stock parts and junk rubber bushings). That's all you need to get yourself started!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I wouldn't go to crazy with your mods since the car you're getting is very very rare. The only way you could get the PP with the auto is on the 50th anniversary cars. And these cars we're the only ones you could get in either Kona Blue or Wimbeldon White. 1964 of these made and your particular model being less than 1000 made.

Is this car new?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the new ride. You picked a great color (I'm not biased or anything ?). Unless your car has been completely repainted it's Oxford white (just thought I'd throw that out there).

As for mods, if I were to buy a 15 I would buy a borla set up (me personally, I love Ataks but if you are not looking for super aggressive I would stick with the s type). Second I would look into Steeda springs and wheel hop reducing mods (they make some specific parts to do this that replaced the crappy stock parts and junk rubber bushings). That's all you need to get yourself started!
...it truly is Wimbledon White on the '15 GT Coupe Premium 50YR...not the anniversary appearance package, but one of the 1964 special addition. ...at least that is my understanding and what's on the sticker!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't go to crazy with your mods since the car you're getting is very very rare. The only way you could get the PP with the auto is on the 50th anniversary cars. And these cars we're the only ones you could get in either Kona Blue or Wimbeldon White. 1964 of these made and your particular model being less than 1000 made.

Is this car new?
Yes, a new one...long story, but I won it! ...I know, lucky as hell! It is cool but itself and I don't want to change much, just maybe make it sound a little meaner, winter wheels and tires, etc...but not looking to redo it! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
A catback or axleback exhaust is fine, but like I said, you have a very rare car. That Wimbledon White is a great color. And the PP isn't available on an auto unless you get it in the 50th anniversary package. When I was looking these cars were stickered at $50,000 or so.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Less than 1,000 Doesn't Make it Very Valuable.

---------------------------
Before you start counting your money.....

#1. Resale value in the short run is so lopsided negative your argument for value this and that is negated.

#2. By the time you see a reversal in depreciation the car would be long dead by the sound of what you want to do with the car (have fun, etc). Or you and I would be long dead lol. Either way, you want a classic buy a classic. Don't buy a 2015 car and want to hold on to it for just high hopes of it becoming a classic.

The cost of maintenance, storage, licenses and permits and registrations will kill off any appreciation you will earn. Inflation is not appreciation so 30 years in the future if it does become a classic and is valued at $100,000 just remember to calculate it for present day value to see just how much value it retained.

You want investments buy some stocks.

There is another person that upgrading his 50th Anniversary to a Super Snake package.

The above was from another member that posted to another thread.

The market determines what the value of an object will be purchased. Just look when you sign on, 14 2014 Shelby GT350s sitting on a Ford Dealership in Texas. They have been marked down $18,000 dollars and still no buyers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts