Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody, just bought my first stang, 03 gt, was told about this site while buying floor mats, would like to learn everything i can about my new ride, and this looks like the place to do it. quick question, can i put a tow package on my car safely? u-haul says yes, manual says no, does anyone here have one on their car
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
First off, welcome.
About the towing package..I've seen it done but I wouldn't recommend it. Your suspension and drivetrain is not built to haul stuff. A guy in my hometown put a towing kit on his 01GT and his rear springs went out in under a year and his transmission burned up in 2 years, he used it to haul his ski boat. I would recommend buying a nice cheap truck, I'm sure there's several around that way, and using that to haul stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
hey!!! someone else from augusta! just curious, who told you about this website? and by any chance are you a DJ or something for Eagle? Ed Ross sounds really familiar!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fast64 said:
hey!!! someone else from augusta! just curious, who told you about this website? and by any chance are you a DJ or something for Eagle? Ed Ross sounds really familiar!
guy at the parts counter at bobby jones ford told me about this site, ed ross is the news man for eagle 102, not me, but they have called my house looking for him once. glad to meet somebody from augusta here on this site
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
oh, ok i know who it was that told you, his name is jason, hes a cool guy and has a sweet 96 cobra.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
I did think it would be cool to rig up a custom towing system with a removable piece in your bumper that reveals the place to put a hitch...hm...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,095 Posts
edross said:
guy at the parts counter at bobby jones ford told me about this site, ed ross is the news man for eagle 102, not me, but they have called my house looking for him once. glad to meet somebody from augusta here on this site
thats freakin awesome!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
cough *spring meet in greenville* cough
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
cough * spring meet in atlanta for FFW or in a Augusta for Braggin Rights * cough
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,095 Posts
**cough cough cough** i think we all need cough drops **cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough gag hack hack gag weeze weeze blech hawk loogie cough cough cough cough cough cough**
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
n8r said:
**cough cough cough** i think we all need cough drops **cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough gag hack hack gag weeze weeze blech hawk loogie cough cough cough cough cough cough**
:rolleyes:, I told ya taking a swig would make ya cough............ :D
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top