Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site, glad I found it. Only my second post. I just got a 94 GT Convertible, off road H pipe, dynomax (?) muffs, 355 rear gear and Motorsports underdrive pulley's and K&N. My Q is, why do these little devils shift so quickly? I pull out into traffic and within a few seconds, I'm in overdrive already. Also, I know there were some problems with the automatics, my car has 49,000 miles on it, is it hard on the tranny to activate the overdrive bypass button in city driving? It sure sounds more beefy this way.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
getgo said:
Great site, glad I found it. Only my second post. I just got a 94 GT Convertible, off road H pipe, dynomax (?) muffs, 355 rear gear and Motorsports underdrive pulley's and K&N. My Q is, why do these little devils shift so quickly? I pull out into traffic and within a few seconds, I'm in overdrive already. Also, I know there were some problems with the automatics, my car has 49,000 miles on it, is it hard on the tranny to activate the overdrive bypass button in city driving? It sure sounds more beefy this way.
its normal. 3.55 gears do that :lol: I would just leave overdrive on your not going to notice any difference other than a decrease in gas mileage. Your tranny should be fine at 50k miles.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It's fine, OD will save you the most gas anyway, but if you have never, get a tranny oil change/flush. It will help the tranny. Also get a transmission cooler and prolong the life of that transmission.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea the number one killers of autos is not changing the fluid and heat.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
i just got new transmission and a brand new transmission pan, among other things. Courtesy of a jackass truck driver.
did you geta t-5 or did you stay with the auto

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
stayed with auto. my ins fags were trying to dispute the fact that I hit something in the road to begin with, so they sent an inspector to make sure "the vehicle left the shop the way it would have come in."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts