Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I've been searching for the answer in the thread before making one.

I have a 2000 GT the traction control works but the light on the dash nor the button comes on but when it on and i try a burn out it engages but when i press the button it turns off.

Any one knows what this could be?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
What do you need help with? And welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Sorry brother, what exactly is your question?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
So you're saying the lights don't work but the traction control itself works?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you're saying the lights don't work but the traction control itself works?
yes and no, basically the light doesnt come on to let me know if it on or not and sometimes it just doesnt work but if i take off fast enough the light blinks on the dash.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
yes and no, basically the light doesnt come on to let me know if it on or not and sometimes it just doesnt work but if i take off fast enough the light blinks on the dash.
The traction control system is always active until you turn it off and the button says off. When it flashes that means that the system is trying to stop your wheels from spinning.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The traction control system is always active until you turn it off and the button says off. When it flashes that means that the system is trying to stop your wheels from spinning.
no, i know that but ut doesnt say if it off or on when i press the button and some times the light doesnt work on the dash

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
no, i know that but ut doesnt say if it off or on when i press the button and some times the light doesnt work on the dash
Maybe something is wrong with the light in the switch? When the light in the dash doesn't go on is traction control still trying to engage?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The Trac button in front of your shifter, if the light is ON than traction control is off and the light on the dash WILL NOT appear at all, if the light on the Trac button is OFF than traction control is on and active and the light on the dash WILL appear.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe something is wrong with the light in the switch? When the light in the dash doesn't go on is traction control still trying to engage?
Yes it is. I press it and nothing comes on but the traction engages.

Press it again and I don't know if it's on or off :( !!! Cause it kinda feels the same! Ugh!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Trac button in front of your shifter, if the light is ON than traction control is off and the light on the dash WILL NOT appear at all, if the light on the Trac button is OFF than traction control is on and active and the light on the dash WILL appear.....
But It doesn't come on till I do a burn out or something, then I press the button and HOPEFULLY it turns off the control

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
When you turn traction control off the only light that turns on it the one on the button you press in front of the shifter. No light on the dash comes on. Believe me, thats the first thing i press whenever i get into my car ;) Its probably just the light gone bad.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When you turn traction control off the only light that turns on it the one on the button you press in front of the shifter. No light on the dash comes on. Believe me, thats the first thing i press whenever i get into my car ;) Its probably just the light gone bad.
That stupid don't work neither. Ima post a vid tomorrow when I get off work so y'all can see what I mean. I just got the car last month

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
The light on the switch should only be on when the system is disengaged. The light on the dash will only come on when it is actively trying to stop your car from spinning its tires.

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Get a tuner and have it turned off perm. Tuner will also help your performance

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah ima get one before I do my other bolt ons.

Will the tuner help my take off and kill that lag when I floor it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The light on the switch should only be on when the system is disengaged. The light on the dash will only come on when it is actively trying to stop your car from spinning its tires.

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Get a tuner and have it turned off perm. Tuner will also help your performance
I'm going to get a tuner next week or so, now will the tuner help out with take off and that lag when flooring it?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Yeah ima get one before I do my other bolt ons.

Will the tuner help my take off and kill that lag when I floor it?
Possibly....sounds like you need to clean up your throttle body as well...that lag can be a few different things.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts