Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 Mustang v6 convertible, 5- speed manual transmission with the following mods

1. Dual Exhaust with Flowmaste series 40 with h pipe
2. Densecharger full length cai
3. udp

My question is would I gain anything by getting a performance chip at this point? I dont plan on doing anything internal to the engine, no charger or nitrous. Or would getting intake spacers do anything for me also?

Thanks in advance for you alls help
Steve

·
Registered
517 Posts
Gears, Gears, Gears. I took off half a second with my gears. gears = $200 instal=$200 (best bang for the buck)

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forgot to mention that it is a 5 speed. Which gear would be the best for me.
I do drive it alot on the highway between va and ct which is a 6 hour drive when I go home. Otherwise its around city driving.
Again thanks for all input

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
a performance chip is pretty much worthless (as all mail order chips are) the only chance you have to gain anything decent is with a custom chip from a good company that KNOWS v6s... not just a mail order off the shelf chip, check out americanmotorsports or what not at the bottom of the main forum page.

if you get a dyno tune with a chip you may see 7-9rwhp and tq

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get ford motorsport 3:73's. They are the best!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WhiteStang99 said:
i think gears would help you the most. Js281GT knows what he's talking about. :)
what is in the rear now? Will the 3.73 be quicker off the line and will it affect my gas mileage on the highway?

Thanks for the replies back :D
Been most helpful

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you have 3.27 gears now...3.73s will get you into the powerband quicker, and your talking a few hundred RPM difference while cruising..so as long as you behave your gas mileage won't change much if any

·
Registered
517 Posts
The difference in rpms between gears is 200rpms @60mph. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
517 Posts
sorry 80mph

·
Registered
517 Posts
Example 3:27's to 3:55's, 200 rpm's more
3:55's to 3:73's, 200 rpm's more
And so on....triple post nice!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Gears are the way to go! Any car I get in the future, gears are first!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Js281GT said:
Gears are the way to go! Any car I get in the future, gears are first!
Where is the best place to get them and thanks for all the feed back :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think alot of muffler shops will do it, but you have to buy the gears through them just in case there is something wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the only reason not to get gears is install issues... if you know a good install place you will be fine, but if they are not installed correctly are used parts they can whine and even break... so have a warranty on whinning and what not to help with that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts