Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, it being Christmas, i got about 150 bucks from family. i decided to save it and have that be a decent start to my next mod. i cant decide between a few things though. what would you guys go with?

MGW short shifter
Ford Racing 4.10 gears
SR Lowering Springs

if i go with the gears, id wait and get the gears/tuner bundle. and if i go with the lowering springs, id get the springs and camber bolts and run them on stock shocks/struts until i can afford new ones. opinions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Imo, i would go with the lowering springs before i went with 410s. Get the suspinsion work started to support the torque youll have from gears. Hope this helps

·
Registered
916 Posts
For that money, I'd probably go lowering springs as well. Get rid of the 4x4 look

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sampey43 said:
Imo, i would go with the lowering springs before i went with 410s. Get the suspinsion work started to support the torque youll have from gears. Hope this helps
Definitely helps. Im for sure going to lower it, thanks guys! And how long would you think i can run them on stock shocks/struts before replacing them?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well how many miles are on your car right now? You should be able to go a while on the stock struts. It just won't ride that great

·
Registered
197 Posts
C_Dailey95 said:
Definitely helps. Im for sure going to lower it, thanks guys! And how long would you think i can run them on stock shocks/struts before replacing them?
If your over 50k on stock ones your wasting your money on lowering springs. Replace it all at once. Not to mention relocation brackets, camber plates, lcas, and adjust pan hard.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BCS06GT said:
If your over 50k on stock ones your wasting your money on lowering springs. Replace it all at once. Not to mention relocation brackets, camber plates, lcas, and adjust pan hard.
Im around 32-32,000. And i thought you only needed a pan hard bar if you go more than 1.5"?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Depends, I'm lowered 1.9 in the rear and I could use one. For sure you'd want lcas w/ brackets to correct the suspension change. Even with 30k I'd still change the shocks and struts to something that is designed for a drop. Bolts suck too, get camber plates.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would say with that mileage your ok with just doing lowering springs for now if you can't afford to to shocks and struts. And definitely do camber plates over the bolts.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Anything over 1.5" you'd want some lcas with relocation brackets and a panhard to get the rear end in line again

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stang23 said:
I would say with that mileage your ok with just doing lowering springs for now if you can't afford to to shocks and struts. And definitely do camber plates over the bolts.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Anything over 1.5" you'd want some lcas with relocation brackets and a panhard to get the rear end in line again
Yeah i wont be on stock shocks/struts for too long. I graduate in june and my parents said i get a graduation present so i decided to go with car parts haha. the SR springs drop it 1.5". Would i be good without the lca's, relocation brackets, and pan hard bar for a few months? And ill definitly look into the camber plates, i only went towards the bolts since theyre cheaper and they have good reviews.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah i wont be on stock shocks/struts for too long. I graduate in june and my parents said i get a graduation present so i decided to go with car parts haha. the SR springs drop it 1.5". Would i be good without the lca's, relocation brackets, and pan hard bar for a few months? And ill definitly look into the camber plates, i only went towards the bolts since theyre cheaper and they have good reviews.
Ya you'll be fine for a few months without that stuff

·
Registered
197 Posts
C_Dailey95 said:
alright cool, thanks for the help!
If you do the bolts without the camber plates and then want to put plates it, you basically going to do the work all over again. Get plates if you don't want to do it twice,

·
Registered
186 Posts
+1 on the dampers but you don't need the camber plates unless you are gonna lower it 2 or more inches, the camber eccentric bolts will work just fine on a 1.5. inch drop.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Caster Troy said:
+1 on the dampers but you don't need the camber plates unless you are gonna lower it 2 or more inches, the camber eccentric bolts will work just fine on a 1.5. inch drop.
I'm maxed out of negative camber with the bolts with a 1.7 front and 1.9 rear drop. If I had to do it again I'd get the plates. I probably still will, or if you like buying tires prematurely, just get bolts.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm maxed out of negative camber with the bolts with a 1.7 front and 1.9 rear drop. If I had to do it again I'd get the plates. I probably still will, or if you like buying tires prematurely, just get bolts.
you're dropped a bit more than i plan on going, it looks super nice though. what springs are you using?

but im still unclear, bolts, or plates? they both do the same thing one just does it more than the other. will i really need to adjust it that much to get plates with a 1.5 drop?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm using the h&r springs. But I'm just saying if I had to do it again, I wouldn't had been cheap. The plates give way more adjustment than eccentric bolts. You'll get it close with the bolts, but the plates you'll get it perfect. Not to mention get rid of the pos strut mounts.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm using the h&r springs. But I'm just saying if I had to do it again, I wouldn't had been cheap. The plates give way more adjustment than eccentric bolts. You'll get it close with the bolts, but the plates you'll get it perfect. Not to mention get rid of the pos strut mounts.
yeah i feel you. buy nice or buy twice right? i think ill end up going with the plates. itll take a bit longer but it should be worth the wait.

·
Registered
186 Posts
you're dropped a bit more than i plan on going, it looks super nice though. what springs are you using?

but im still unclear, bolts, or plates? they both do the same thing one just does it more than the other. will i really need to adjust it that much to get plates with a 1.5 drop?
No, you won't. I have a 1.5 inch drop Eibach pro system springs & dampers with specialty tools eccentric bolts and my car is perfectly aligned. One thing you should get are GT500 strut mounts which are a lot stiffer than the OE ones, AM has them for around $110.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts