Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I want to either do a vortech kit or do cams and headers first. I don't know if I should say forget the cams and headers or go straight for the kit. What do you think any advic?
Current mods
CAI
TB plenum combo
Up
Or x deleted cats SLP loud mouths
3.73 gears
Tri ax shifter
LCA
Tru trac
Tune

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Some would just skip the headers. But not sure with the vortech

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can spend 2400 on the cams headers install and tune. Or I can spend the 3600 on the V2 kit and then pay to have that put on and tune. Just wanna know if you had the money would you cam and headers or go for the kit? I have the money. But only for one of those this summer

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I can spend 2400 on the cams headers install and tune. Or I can spend the 3600 on the V2 kit and then pay to have that put on and tune. Just wanna know if you had the money would you cam and headers or go for the kit? I have the money. But only for one of those this summer
Get the Vortech , building up a NA 2V is a waste of time

·
Super Moderator
18,074 Posts
The modular headers/manifolds that come stock on our cars are fine we don't need new headers like the 5.0 guys do. Also longtubes aren't really needed at all with a supercharger. They sound better IMO and have a cool factor but there is a reason most Terminator guys don't upgrade them until the 600whp mark, they aren't needed.

Cams and heads are a complete waste of time/money with the stock rotating assembly unless you plan on staying NA. With a supercharger, the PI heads/cams untouched will support well over the 400-425whp the stock rotating assembly can safely take.

With what you have listed I would do:

-Subframes
-Front suspension to get rid of that 4x4 look
-S trim and fuel system to support it
-Tune

Leave the stock motor well enough alone unless you are going to pull it, forge it and THEN you can go ahead and get the PI heads ported out and drop some good cams in there to really get some more power out of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really dont think these 2 options are even close. Vortech without question. However with that being said, you really should invest in some full length subframe connectors.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I forgot to mention I have sub frame connectors. I just didn't know if I should get the cam and headers now then next summer add the supercharger. I just thought it would help the SC if I had them also.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
It could help you now. But it just extra money you'll be spending

·
Super Moderator
18,074 Posts
Yeah I forgot to mention I have sub frame connectors. I just didn't know if I should get the cam and headers now then next summer add the supercharger. I just thought it would help the SC if I had them also.
Take the money you'd waste on cams, a tune to get the cams to run right and headers and buy a fuel system to support the supercharger you'll get next year.

Then next year get the supercharger kit and tune to 400/400 and roll. Headers and cams will add nothing because the rods can't really take any more than this safely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts