Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, grille fog lights, lower fog lights, or get the new stereo/ ac touch screen thing (can't remember the company's name)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Okay guys, grille fog lights, lower fog lights, or get the new stereo/ ac touch screen thing (can't remember the company's name)[/QUOTE

lower it get a better stance itll make you feel better i promise:headbang:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't know why a touch-screen radio is so great? It really adds nothing to the car. If yours doesn't have GPS and this will add it, at least it will add functionality.

I plan to add fogs to my car eventually, I just have to decide between grill, stock fascia mounts, or something custom. Knowing me, the latter will probably get the nod.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I don't know why a touch-screen radio is so great? It really adds nothing to the car. If yours doesn't have GPS and this will add it, at least it will add functionality.

I plan to add fogs to my car eventually, I just have to decide between grill, stock fascia mounts, or something custom. Knowing me, the latter will probably get the nod.
My friend just bought some from auto zone and mounted them behind his grill and wired them up to his headlights. Just splice a few wires and that's it. He also put 6k HIDs to match his headlights

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
If you go radio, checkout the ipad ones, or see it in person first-don't get one of the tacky ones from wal mart or best buy. I just played with one today in best buy today, the touch screens are so outdated.

I would suggest the fogs if you are not interested in an OBDii reader, like a Scanguage or Ultraguage. Reads your engine/cpu and tells you what is going on. Just an extra idea.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
If you go radio, checkout the ipad ones, or see it in person first-don't get one of the tacky ones from wal mart or best buy. I just played with one today in best buy today, the touch screens are so outdated.

I would suggest the fogs if you are not interested in an OBDii reader, like a Scanguage or Ultraguage. Reads your engine/cpu and tells you what is going on. Just an extra idea.
Links to those OBDII readers? I'm interested

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Links to those OBDII readers? I'm interested
You should've gotten the SCT iTSX tuner :p I love mine. You can view pretty much anything you would want to. It does 1/4 mile times and speed. 0-60 and 60-0 braking times. It's awesome. I figured if I was gonna pay that much for a tuner I might as well pay a lil more for a nice one.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
You should've gotten the SCT iTSX tuner :p I love mine. You can view pretty much anything you would want to. It does 1/4 mile times and speed. 0-60 and 60-0 braking times. It's awesome. I figured if I was gonna pay that much for a tuner I might as well pay a lil more for a nice one.
Lmao what's funny is that tuner isn't accurate hahaha the only one accurate is the Livewire tuner LOL!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Oooh, nice! I was not aware they had this in the works. Just got the wife a touch lcd that would go perfect with that touch climate panel. So glad I didnt drop the $2k+ on the oem nav.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'd go stereo, just because I'm not a huge fan of fogs. I'd hold off though, Schoche is in the process of releasing a really awesome one.

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2255

I like it. I don't remember exactly when they said they're gonna release it. I'm waiting, though.
I like the idea but would like the heating controls swapped with the radio location. Radio location is to close to the shifter for my taste. Maybe they will offer both set-ups later on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Pretty sure this kit comes with the touch screens. I could be wrong. I'd contact them though, because this product has been 'coming soon' for a while now. See if its worth the wait.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I agree MrMike. I thought the same thing, but then I thought you wouldn't have to take your hand off of the stick to change stations or songs. Lol. At any rate, they need to release this thing already so I can buy it...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Pretty sure this kit comes with the touch screens. I could be wrong. I'd contact them though, because this product has been 'coming soon' for a while now. See if its worth the wait.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I agree MrMike. I thought the same thing, but then I thought you wouldn't have to take your hand off of the stick to change stations or songs. Lol. At any rate, they need to release this thing already so I can buy it...
It's a nice kit, I saw it on youtube there is a guy that was reviewing it...I just didn't want someone's hand playing around with the g.p.s or radio settings while I was shifting..(wife) lol. I for one am still looking into getting it. It is one of the more natural looking set-ups!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Not for everyone, but you could always go with the alpine 8-inch ;)
Very nice, I like how this one eliminates the near useless top screen. Does it display exterior temp on the heating control screen? That's the only thing id miss.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Very nice, I like how this one eliminates the near useless top screen. Does it display exterior temp on the heating control screen? That's the only thing id miss.
BTW how much and where? Thx.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts