Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going through with replacing the Coils on my mustang and have found this to be a cheap mod that should give me some extra power. Looking at the Screamin Demon Coil
Screamin Demon Coil (05-10 Mustang V6) 31738 - Free Shipping!
Changing the spark plugs with the NGK Iridium IX
NGK Iridium IX Performance Spark Plugs (05-10 V6) 7316 - Free Shipping!
Then finally the wires With the Taylor Street Thunder 8mm
Taylor Street Thunder 8mm Mustang Spark Plug Wires (05-10 V6) 53037 - Free Shipping!

Seems like a cheaper mod that I should be able to get my moneys worth out of! What're yall's opinions on it? And has anyone that has done this your feedback would be great! :headbang:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have that set up but i have the gms coil pack it claims to get u 25hp but Idk if its that much but you get what u pay for what I like most about it is the quicker starts , throttle response , an better mpgs

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have that set up but i have the gms coil pack it claims to get u 25hp but Idk if its that much but you get what u pay for what I like most about it is the quicker starts , throttle response , an better mpgs
I've got the accel and it just smoothed out everything...start ups, idle, throttle response, etc.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of going with the GMS Coil but been between the two of them. Both have good reviews just gonna wait till Tuesday when I get paid then order them

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was thinking of going with the GMS Coil but been between the two of them. Both have good reviews just gonna wait till Tuesday when I get paid then order them
In my opinion u get what u pay for an just like everything else if you don't have a tune u might not notice alot

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my opinion u get what u pay for an just like everything else if you don't have a tune u might not notice alot
Yea true just gonna get this setup then hopefully in march or April I'll pull through and finally get a tuner lol

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Either air raid or BBK

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Nice then just a tuner an your set
Yeah I know, just was curious which one he went with...I'd like to not have to spend that much at one time for a CAI and tuner but I'm assuming since the tuner required ones will net higher gains due to their larger MAFs

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the BBK as my cai and I just ordered the GMS coil and Taylor street spark plugs! Should have them delivered by Friday. Next up is the tuner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts