Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fri finally will have the money to order the rims and tires that I have always wanted... Wondering what is the advantage of having nitrogen filled tires and should I get it? They are off AM so it's free

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
98mustang11 said:
So fri finally will have the money to order the rims and tires that I have always wanted... Wondering what is the advantage of having nitrogen filled tires and should I get it? They are off AM so it's free
Zero, nada, zip, zilch

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On another totally different know my car is power like eveyrhinh locks windows all of it... How much would a keyless switch cost.. I guess that what you call it

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Race teams world wide have proven the temp fluctuation is very minimal at best. Even in a motorcycle race tire that gets extremely hot.. 5* max.. If you get it free and free refills go for it. If you have to pay you'll be throwing money away.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Race teams world wide have proven the temp fluctuation is very minimal at best. Even in a motorcycle race tire that gets extremely hot.. 5* max.. If you get it free and free refills go for it. If you have to pay you'll be throwing money away.
Without nitrogen my tire psi fluctuated 10-15 psi every two months and with nitrogen my tire psi is minimal of 3-5 psi every six months.

I would definitely not pay $30-40 a tire fill for nitrogen. I get it for free and it's a plus.

I say to anyone out there...try it if you can get it for free and you decide?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
maldog said:
Without nitrogen my tire psi fluctuated 10-15 psi every two months and with nitrogen my tire psi is minimal of 3-5 psi every six months.

I would definitely not pay $30-40 a tire fill for nitrogen. I get it for free and it's a plus.

I say to anyone out there...try it if you can get it for free and you decide?
:good:

·
Registered
304 Posts
The thing about that is that its way more stable than normal air. It will stay the same no matter the temp out side and it heat up at all.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Bamman said:
The thing about that is that its way more stable than normal air. It will stay the same no matter the temp out side and it heat up at all.
I heard it don't hold moisture also so it won't corrode your rims

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
...you do know the majority of air is nitrogen right? If your tires are fluctuating that much in normal driving you have something else going on

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
lowflyn said:
...you do know the majority of air is nitrogen right? If your tires are fluctuating that much in normal driving you have something else going on
Yup. :good:

·
Registered
5 Posts
98mustang11 said:
On another totally different know my car is power like eveyrhinh locks windows all of it... How much would a keyless switch cost.. I guess that what you call it
I bought mine off of ebay cheap. Under $20 with instructions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts