Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to this mustang form and was just curious on how much nitrous can a engine take with the following mods or extra info nitrous with bbk 78 throttle body borla exhaust sct tune , under pulleys , what is most people spayin, thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 75 shot and haven't ever had any problems. Don't go over a 100 shot. Most engines from the factory are built to tolerances that can handle 50 to 100 extra horsepower, however I can't say the same for the rest of the drivetrain. From my experience though, most people who use Nitrous on their engines don't really have super modified engines and seem to run up to a 100 shot without problems. I would strongly suggest if you're going to use nitrous, to make sure you get an RPM activated kit. I have one on my car from MSD, and what it does is (on my car) activates the spray solenoid at 2600 RPM at full throttle, and then shuts off at 5500 RPM or when I let off of full throttle. Much safer than just a button or a full throttle engagement. It's a much more controlled use of nitrous and is safer both for driving and for your engine wear. Hope this helps, and lemme know if you have any further questions. I'd be glad to help!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's all in the tuning. Used to you could swap plugs and turn the distributor to be safe.

Change to a colder plug, ****** timing, run a wet kit with wot and window switch and that'll be about as safe as you can get it.

A dry shot at 75 isn't out of question, just a wet kit generally has a harder hit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick helpful tips , thanks also a question what kind of window switch msd ? And use the flip chip from sct for nitrous , does any use the new sct livewire

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Black99 said:
Thanks for the quick helpful tips , thanks also a question what kind of window switch msd ? And use the flip chip from sct for nitrous , does any use the new sct livewire
The type is up to you. I have a n2mb wot box which also acts as a wot and window switch for nitrous with a software update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts