Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm not looking for "stupid, stupid, stupid" or "really why would you want this" but I want a purge kit for my car. I'm wondering if it's really worth spending money on and why I would or wouldn't want it. I don't really want nitrous going though my engine because I have nothing upgraded except for my CAI. Please help!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Well, a Purge kit would be completely cosmetic and you'd use it to show off which would lead people to believe you actually have nitrous injection. It'll look cool. Why not just plug a valve into your CAI so you can get a little bump from it as well? You can hook it up with a full throttle switch and even have a power switch inside the car. I'd say do it but make it worth it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
primer2tone said:
Well, a Purge kit would be completely cosmetic and you'd use it to show off which would lead people to believe you actually have nitrous injection. It'll look cool. Why not just plug a valve into your CAI so you can get a little bump from it as well? You can hook it up with a full throttle switch and even have a power switch inside the car. I'd say do it but make it worth it.
okay... I hate when people try to act like they know what they're reading haha I have no idea what that is, please explain. I pretty much just plug a valve to my CAI and shoot nitrous in it or what?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Basically, it's like a spray nozzle that has different fittings that are rated at different shots. The bigger the shot the more nitrous you spray into the intake. Be it that it's not a direct port injection the power increase isn't as strong but it still does the job. Cold air is dense air and the more dense air you can compress into the cylinder the bigger the combustion is. A kit like this is simple to install and it would be easy to remove incase you need to go in for some warranty work.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
If you just want a purge, Just get the purge kit and go to your local AirGas or who ever your local supplier is and get a small tank of Co2

It's super gay but hey if your all show and no go

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BaSohol said:
If you just want a purge, Just get the purge kit and go to your local AirGas or who ever your local supplier is and get a small tank of Co2

It's super gay but hey if your all show and no go
haha well I just didn't know the possibility of messing up my engine if I didn't have forged internals or anything. could I actually use nitrous? I haven't actually seen a kit for the new sixes anyways

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
haha well I just didn't know the possibility of messing up my engine if I didn't have forged internals or anything. could I actually use nitrous? I haven't actually seen a kit for the new sixes anyways
I say put a 100 shot on it I wouldn't see why it wouldn't hold up on stock internals

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2300turboford said:
I say put a 100 shot on it I wouldn't see why it wouldn't hold up on stock internals
oh okay I just didn't know if they would hold up. do they make a kit for 2012 v6's?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
oh okay I just didn't know if they would hold up. do they make a kit for 2012 v6's?
Yes and I'd would only run a 50-75 shot cause your not really interested in using it in the first place

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BaSohol said:
Yes and I'd would only run a 50-75 shot cause your not really interested in using it in the first place
yeah I mean I might set it up for the track. I've never really looked into nitrous so does it just shoot once and you have to refill it?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
yeah I mean I might set it up for the track. I've never really looked into nitrous so does it just shoot once and you have to refill it?
No depending on how much you use it and how much you spray when you do it could last awhile or a weekend haha

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
primer2tone said:
You'll probably purge away most of the nitrous but it's nice to have so you can pull on another V6 of a older GT.
yeah i mostly want it for purge, but also some so I can actually say I have it and it's not just for looks

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
primer2tone said:
Wouldn't that be spraying a dry shot?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
curtin1991 said:
What all would be needed to make a functional kit on the v6 with a CAI .
You guys make it seem simple .
+1 that's what I'm kinda wondering. like what else would I need and would it be worth it with only a CAI

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
What all would be needed to make a functional kit on the v6 with a CAI .
You guys make it seem simple .
+1 that's what I'm kinda wondering. like what else would I need and would it be worth it with only a CAI

This is a similar kit that I had on my cavalier. A 75hp shot on a 110hp 4 cylinder was enough to put your head back. Even though I purged most of it away. Lol

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=360530090838&globalID=EBAY-US

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts