Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a modded engine with some basic bolts on I've been told nitrous will blow my motor without a question. Is that true? I only want a very small amount of boost any advise or any input from others and any mods to support engine?

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I have a 10 or 15 pound bottle I need to know what I need to hook it up also and what is safer wet or dry and I need to know how to set it up.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I know on a stock/basic bolt on motor a 75-100 shot is safe. But you'll still need to get a tune for it. And that the Wet Shots are supposed to be safer. Beyond that I don't know for sure what's needed to hook it all up.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's a safe number of horsepower on a 2v with stock internals and heads and fuel injectors and fuel pump, put out without throwing a rod or anything

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
I do believe that's what the 75-100 shot means. Don't quote me on just yet though. Lol
Agreed and I would def recommend a wet system as it adds extra fuel along with the spray lessening the chance of running lean and burning a piston etc

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
People are just biased toward nitrous and will say the stupidest **** to get you to not use it, as long as you have a good tune it is perfectly safe if you run a decent shot. I would go 100 shot max.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

What's a safe number of horsepower on a 2v with stock internals and heads and fuel injectors and fuel pump, put out without throwing a rod or anything
The internals can handle up to 350 safely and 400-450 would put you on edge.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay do what all do I need to set up?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You should ask JimC, he had a 4.0 that had spray then switched to an Xcharger at like 180k miles and went into the 200s. Tracked it all the time also.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'd recomend getting the zex kit from am, the zex kit will come with everything you need to hook it up and you'll just need a tuner then

·
Registered
441 Posts
taylor98gt said:
I'd recomend getting the zex kit from am, the zex kit will come with everything you need to hook it up and you'll just need a tuner then
This is good advice. But get a window switch as well and purge setup would be good as well. Zex kits are very safe and a 100 shot will be fine with a couple degrees of timing taken out from tune

·
Registered
648 Posts
onesickstang01 said:
This is good advice. But get a window switch as well and purge setup would be good as well. Zex kits are very safe and a 100 shot will be fine with a couple degrees of timing taken out from tune
The window switch is what let's you be able to choose how much your spraying per gear isn't it? Say 50 shot in first and 75 in second?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I think he ran nitrous til 90k then xcharger till he sold it ~205k
Sounds pretty safe to me
yea i think it was 90k, got a little mixed up with the miles... I do know that he sold it in the 200s... That's proof of how if you take care of your car it will last a while.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

The window switch is what let's you be able to choose how much your spraying per gear isn't it? Say 50 shot in first and 75 in second?
The window switch lets you choose when to spray, you will always spray the same amount, but you can choose to spray from say 2000-4500rpm (just an example) so that you only spray during WOT, only spray during WOT or else then you will get problems.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
yea i think it was 90k, got a little mixed up with the miles... I do know that he sold it in the 200s... That's proof of how if you take care of your car it will last a while.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

The window switch lets you choose when to spray, you will always spray the same amount, but you can choose to spray from say 2000-4500rpm (just an example) so that you only spray during WOT, only spray during WOT or else then you will get problems.
Okay, I was thinking of a progessive controller or something like that I think.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Just alittle tip

Get a nitrous cam and tune

·
Registered
470 Posts
All you need is 1-2 step colder plugs a wet kit and bottle warmer... Oh and a pressure gauge. Optimum pressure is 900-100psi. No tune necessary for nitrous on 100 shot or less. 125 shot pull 2 degrees, 150 pull 4 degrees and put on aluminum intake, nitrous will puddle on plastic.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

All you need is 1-2 step colder plugs a wet kit and bottle warmer... Oh and a pressure gauge. Optimum pressure is 900-100psi. No tune necessary for nitrous on 100 shot or less. 125 shot pull 2 degrees, 150 pull 4 degrees and put on aluminum intake, nitrous will puddle on plastic.
Anything else you need to know?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a zex kit but didnt know how about to go to put it on my car... i just ordered a tuner so maybe i should look into this
They zex kit is a well put together kit and instructions make it so easy a caveman can do it. Although that was not my preference I chose cold fusion instead for kit. There really ain't nothin to nitrous, if everyone knew how easy it is they would do it. And it's super fun it's a blast!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts