Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm installing my nitrous set up on Thursday and I got a couple questions. First, I need to run autolites sparkplugs right and a heat range cooler and what should they be gapped at? Second, should I run 93 or 89 octane? Third, anything else that I should know so I can get everything ready cause Friday is the last day the track is open here and I want to have every thing ready.
Thanks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
if they are going to stay in the car while daily driving, go one stage colder. if you are going to have a set of spark plugs for the track then get two stages colder. i don't use nitrous on the streets so i just run stock plugs until at the track. they are kinda bitchy to change on our cars (the 4.6l guys are lucky, they are easy on them) so do what you want. motorcraft copper AWSF-22C's are two stages colder and AWSF-32C's are one. -42C's are stock equivalent. i don't know the autolite equivalents but you can ask any chain auto store. gap bigger than .035-.038. don't go bigger than .045 though. run as high octane as you can, 91 or 93 depending where you live and what is available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
if they are going to stay in the car while daily driving, go one stage colder. if you are going to have a set of spark plugs for the track then get two stages colder. i don't use nitrous on the streets so i just run stock plugs until at the track. they are kinda bitchy to change on our cars (the 4.6l guys are lucky, they are easy on them) so do what you want. motorcraft copper AWSF-22C's are two stages colder and AWSF-32C's are one. -42C's are stock equivalent. i don't know the autolite equivalents but you can ask any chain auto store. gap bigger than .035-.038. don't go bigger than .045 though. run as high octane as you can, 91 or 93 depending where you live and what is available.

Did you know 4.2 F150's come with a "34" heat range factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the middle of installing my kit and i have a couple of questions
when i went to install my window switch it had a wire that said to go to the negative side of the decive i was using it for, does that go to the switch or to the solenoid?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts