Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry for the nobbie question but i have been thinking about puttin a 75 shot of nitrous in my 00 and was just wondering what all i need in order to prepare the engine to take that kind of power or can i just put it in with nuthin' else. I have also heard that a dry shot is safer than a wet. Thanks!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
a 75 shot from nitrous express is made to run on a stock car, however its a good idea to get some different spark plugs and a better fuel pump... itll help it out. But basically, yes you can put a 75 shot on your car without doing anything else

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
like zim said, 75 is perfectly safe on your car. you will need copper spark plugs 1 heat range colder though. you dont need a new fuel pump because 99+ had larger ones from the factory

dry is NOT safer on a wet. you would need a really good dyno tune to run dry on a 99+. the returnless fuel system is responsible. if the MAF doesnt pick up the added air, you run too lean and BOOM! get a wet kit

·
Registered
155 Posts
Monkey said:
like zim said, 75 is perfectly safe on your car. you will need copper spark plugs 1 heat range colder though. you dont need a new fuel pump because 99+ had larger ones from the factory

dry is NOT safer on a wet. you would need a really good dyno tune to run dry on a 99+. the returnless fuel system is responsible. if the MAF doesnt pick up the added air, you run too lean and BOOM! get a wet kit
what about on a 94-98? i'll have a bigger pump and bigger injectors, and probably a tune.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Suprman said:
what about on a 94-98? i'll have a bigger pump and bigger injectors, and probably a tune.
You'll be able to run a safe 100 shot.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
100 shot is actually safer on single ports than on split ports. This is because the nitrous mixture has fewer runners to choose from to get to the cylinder. It will more than likely even out with only 6 runners versus the 12 runners. With the split ports, you can run lean on the corner cylinders because it will tend to move towards the middle.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
a 75 shot will take off about .9 off your ET. a 100 shot will take off about 1.1-1.2

btw, sell the window switch to make a couple bucks back. You can find much better deals for nitrous used (assuming the price and the stuff, I am assuming you are buying new). You do not need the window switch with your auto. All you have to do is floor it and hit the master arming switch at 3000rpms. they won't fall below that mark when shifting. You could easily make about $75-100 back for the window switch to put towards bottle fills or cds or a t-shirt or something.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i got a deal on a NX wet kit(stage one) and GENx2 kit, here's the ad:

NX wet kit, Genx2, MSD window

MSD-8956 RPM activated window switch w/ pills(3200,3400,3600,5000,5200,5400,5600,5800,6000 )

P/N Genx2 upgrade Kit includes: "fully automatic bottle heater with pressure transducer, fuel pressure safety switch, liquid filled N2O pressure guage, NHRA approved pressure release fitting, NHRA approved blowdown tube, purge valve for the NX Ice-Man solenoid"

P/N 20922-10 NX all ford EFI kit with 10lb bottle

7months old, it's all in good condition, The npt adapter and blow down tube will be sent seperatly soon as a deal is made.

I'll probably sell the MSD window switch

oh and i want this to be hidden, but i think i'm gonna put 2 purge lines to each scoop/nostril, i think when i do want to show it off, that will be cool!

the main reson i want to hide it is cops and if i just want to run all motor, which will be most of the time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts