Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
yes I would recommend the 555r over any non drag radial if its just for street if you do more autox or road racing then you would probably not want a drag radial and at that point things would be different and I would probably tell you to go non drag radial nt05

·
Registered
159 Posts
except they suck lol
Oh really do you speak from experience I have NT555 18 on mine with maybe 5,000 mi left on em I was lookin at not the zII but the zIII Sumitomo ur sayin go back w 555s if ur speakin from personal experience I will consider what u say I really like the tread on zII the zIII looks good too but a fellow snake owner I will take heed.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Mystic96 said:
Sumitomos on American Muscle 285/35 for $169 shipped.
I hate these tires. Really underwhelmed in terms of wet grip, dry grip, auto x grip, turn in responsiveness etc. They were fairly predictable when they let go but that could be because they always let go. The sidewalls are also very wussy and the tire would end up on the shoulder all the time during auto x even with extra camber. I also only got 15k km on them. I switched over to the falken fk 452 and am much much happier. Way better grip and i can actually get wot in first now. I've got 1 drag strip day on them and about 9k km on them and they still read 8/32 on all four corners. Much better turn in as well. I also got 4 275/40/17 for 484 shipped.

If you want a cool new 200 treadwear tire, check out bfg's new radical. (or something like that name wise) for op, if you want an alternative to the nitto , check out the falken azensis 615. Awesome grippy tire. I would run these if i didnt have so much highway driving.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cool thanks I just put Fuzion 245/45 18 on the front, really like the tire handles really well I don't know about the rain yet a really good looking tire. I was wanting something to get a little more traction on back maybe. Thanks I'll check out the Falkens too.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Mystic96 said:
Cool thanks I just put Fuzion 245/45 18 on the front, really like the tire handles really well I don't know about the rain yet a really good looking tire. I was wanting something to get a little more traction on back maybe. Thanks I'll check out the Falkens too.
:good: if you like the sumis, you'll really enjoy the fk-452. Hell they even do well in the cold! And if you like to blow the tires off on a hard 1-2 they still will but they hook up a lot quicker than the sumis ever did for me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts