Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm getting bigger tires for Christmas...I was wondering if it would be safe to use the nt555r. I'm In South Carolina so I get a fair amount of cold and hot weather.. Would it be okay to use these tires as a daily driver or should I go with the nt555?? I'm also considering Micky Thompson ET street radial II
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
I have 555Rs and 4.10s, they hold up great even in rain with the high gearing; granted I also have 315s, grip isn't an issue with over a foot of contact surface on each tire.
Nitto really isn't that great to be honest though, I'd much rather have Goodyear or Michelin, but the Nittos have held up for 3 years without any problems and still have a ways to go before crapping out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BackPressure said:
I have 555Rs and 4.10s, they hold up great even in rain with the high gearing; granted I also have 315s, grip isn't an issue with over a foot of contact surface on each tire.
Nitto really isn't that great to be honest though, I'd much rather have Goodyear or Michelin, but the Nittos have held up for 3 years without any problems and still have a ways to go before crapping out.
Thank you I'm also getting the 315's. cannot wait to get them
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
Doe_Rae_mi said:
Hey guys I'm getting bigger tires for Christmas...I was wondering if it would be safe to use the nt555r. I'm In South Carolina so I get a fair amount of cold and hot weather.. Would it be okay to use these tires as a daily driver or should I go with the nt555?? I'm also considering Micky Thompson ET street radial II
Nitto is a much better choice over the mt tires for everyday driving. You have to build some heat up in them for track use but overall a good tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowflyn said:
Nitto is a much better choice over the mt tires for everyday driving. You have to build some heat up in them for track use but overall a good tire.
That's good then bc i won't be taking it to the track n e time soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Ya I have Nitto NT555's all the way around and its decent. I agree with him though, Nitto tires aren't the best. But their good enough. I'm thinkin' about going to Invo's when I get the money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
BigHead2010 said:
Yea man my tires don't catch traction for nothing. From a dead stop all it does is spin.
There are positions of the throttle between idle and wide open...i doubt you will find a tire that will hook from a dead stop.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
BigHead2010 said:
Ya I know haha. But I mean as far as like a 30 roll they'll break, my stocks hook better with factory pirelli's
Most of these stickier tires take alot more heat. I can light up my drag radials through four gears if the tires are cold. Build some heat and they dead hook from a 5k dump of the clutch.

I've noticed the r888's I run on the street take even heat through the tire to hook up. A quick burnout to heat the tread up does them no good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,699 Posts
I have 555Rs and 4.10s, they hold up great even in rain with the high gearing; granted I also have 315s, grip isn't an issue with over a foot of contact surface on each tire.
Nitto really isn't that great to be honest though, I'd much rather have Goodyear or Michelin, but the Nittos have held up for 3 years without any problems and still have a ways to go before crapping out.
Nitto is fantastic. People just get accustomed to one tire and expect (subconsciously) for every tire to perform the same.

My 275 555 NON R net me 1.81 60' foots launching at 6k with cams and all bolt ons, short of a manifold. THAT speaks for itself.

As for the OP, the 555R will perform fine on the street, and has so so rain traction, good for a drag radial. It does well because it retains the same tread pattern and design as the non R 555.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top