Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Today I went to pick up my 2006 Mustang GT from the shop. They just finished putting in 3.73 gears. However, after I started driving it I didn’t notice a big difference (maybe a subtle difference) but not major. I know that the shop installed it correctly because they are one of the best shops in town. Is this normal? Or should I feel a big difference right off the bat? I still haven’t tuned the car so is that something that might impact it? Do I need to wait around 100 miles before I notice a difference?I was really excited to drive with gears but it’s not at all what I expected. What can I do?

·
Registered
420 Posts
What gear ratio were you running before?

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Your car came with 3.55 gears from the factory.... You will only notice a very subtle difference between the two.
Probably should have went with 4.10's if you wanted to really feel a difference.
A tune will only correct the speedometer calibration so that it reads the correct mph.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Your car came with 3.55 gears from the factory.... You will only notice a very subtle difference between the two.
Probably should have went with 4.10's if you wanted to really feel a difference.
A tune will only correct the speedometer calibration so that it reads the correct mph.
This ^^

Shoulda done a little research first.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts