Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody looked into the Craigs Custom Mustang bracket for the front license plate?
No Drill Front Plate Bracket (1999-2013 Mustang) [CCFPB] - $46.95 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

I didn't have the dealership drill a few holes cause he said there are after market parts. well worth it if i move to a state that allows no front license plate. surprised this issue hasn't come up, or at least when i search through ME I get no previous threads. Also surprised AM doesn't sell any of these, maybe for a good reason, which is why I pose the question

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ive have friends use this one. Honestly the hideaway plates that bolt and flip out is a better unit. You would need to just find a spot under the car to mount the bracket.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks :) i saw that a lot of the pictures on AM for this manual fold down license plate holder is not centered on the car. seems odd. Also, when i open the link it says it's compatible with the 2013, but then says that it's only good to 2012 models.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bump

I know this issue is well covered but, it's worth a reminder for those of us that are facing the installation of a front license plate bracket on our new Mustangs. There are several front fascia drilling alternatives out there. Below will be my choice. It's fairly pricey, but simple as pie to install and operate. Pull a spring-loaded pin and the plate slides right out for shows, the track and so on.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-v6-gt-2013-2014/p/LPB25/

Mustang STO N SHO License Plate Bracket Installation 2013-2014 - YouTube

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
In Texas, once your car qualifies for classic or antique plates, only then you are allowed to only run one plate.

I've got 22 years to go! Lol

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
In Texas, once your car qualifies for classic or antique plates, only then you are allowed to only run one plate.

I've got 22 years to go! Lol
Whatcha doing in the mean time?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank god PA only requires one plate. Its kinda nice to see how creative people get to mount theirs though. Ive seen quite a few "no drill" set ups

1 - 10 of 10 Posts