Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I need your help. I am still on my DIY kick. I got my reverse glow gauge inserts from Stack Racing and was excited. I installed everything exactly how it was supposed to be, with the exception of the ground. I used the screw that goes into the metal part of fuse box as the ground. I started the car and the regular headlights works, the regular gauge cluster lights works, but the reverse glow gauges do not. What am I missing? Please help guys!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think that the reverse glow lights should replace the regular lights. Well I'm not entirely sure but that's what I think.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
devanslive said:
Okay guys I need your help. I am still on my DIY kick. I got my reverse glow gauge inserts from Stack Racing and was excited. I installed everything exactly how it was supposed to be, with the exception of the ground. I used the screw that goes into the metal part of fuse box as the ground. I started the car and the regular headlights works, the regular gauge cluster lights works, but the reverse glow gauges do not. What am I missing? Please help guys!!! :banghead:
devanslive said:
See the pic. That is not the reverse glow working. It looks like the regular cluster lights coming on behind it. The reverse glow should work independant of those, right?
I have gauges like this in my 93, I just wired them separately with a switch.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
devanslive said:
Yes there is a little dimmer switch.
My switch went bad I'm just using a toggle switch, or it could be the inverter went bad or they sent you bad inverter

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
did you turn the dimmer all the way up? honestly you're ground wiring probably isn't good enough...where did you wire the power to? i ran mine to the cluster power wire, and the ground to the bar behind the dash

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you turn the dimmer all the way up? honestly you're ground wiring probably isn't good enough...where did you wire the power to? i ran mine to the cluster power wire, and the ground to the bar behind the dash
I ran my red wire from the 12V on the cluster cover to the headlight switch connector, middle grey wire according to the instructions from Stack Racing

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Did u get a little knob?
Yes, there is a little dimmer knob.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Hmm idk what can be wrong if you did all the steps correctly. I just mine a few days ago and work fine, there's got to be a cable that isn't making the connection

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Venomouz831 said:
Hmm idk what can be wrong if you did all the steps correctly. I just mine a few days ago and work fine, there's got to be a cable that isn't making the connection
What year is your Stang and you did your black wire to the ground from the headlight connector, but where did you plug your red wire from the gauge insert to? Did you bolt your ground to the chassis behind the cluster? I do not have any rill bits that go through metal. Any other options fr grounding points? Thanks... by the way, did you solder your wires.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
devanslive said:
What year is your Stang and you did your black wire to the ground from the headlight connector, but where did you plug your red wire from the gauge insert to? Did you bolt your ground to the chassis behind the cluster? I do not have any rill bits that go through metal. Any other options fr grounding points? Thanks... by the way, did you solder your wires.
I have an 02 gt. I did the ground behind the cluster bolted it with a bolt to some metal. The red I believe had to be connected to the gray wire in the center of the connector. Look at the instructions American muscle gives you. Try drilling into the chassis, and I spliced them

·
Registered
574 Posts
devanslive said:
See the pic. That is not the reverse glow working. It looks like the regular cluster lights coming on behind it. The reverse glow should work independant of those, right?

image-1063860515.jpg

I just did mine 2 hours ago! I like it so much :good:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Siendly22 said:
I just did mine 2 hours ago! I like it so much :good:
I got mine to work now as well, but now they only come on when parking light are on and my parking light and headlights no longer come on at the same time.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Do you have a picture on your "old one" ?
sure do...these are el glow gauges (which can shift different shades of blut and green), and lunar autometer pod gauges...

this is what i wish i had again but i sold these gauges after crashing the car, and well i never thought i'd own a sixxer again. now i can't find them online :(

since i can't find el glows anymore i bought a set of these but i dont like them as much

·
Registered
574 Posts
1slosix said:
sure do...these are el glow gauges (which can shift different shades of blut and green), and lunar autometer pod gauges...

this is what i wish i had again but i sold these gauges after crashing the car, and well i never thought i'd own a sixxer again. now i can't find them online :(

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/0305001757.jpg/

since i can't find el glows anymore i bought a set of these but i dont like them as much
I don't like the 2nd image. Mine is 2 colors too , blue and green. Their look nice at night :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I don't like the 2nd image. Mine is 2 colors too , blue and green. Their look nice at night :)
yeah the reverse glows i have now are the AM ones. not my cup of tea, but better then stock since i love white face gauges. the day i find el glows again im jumping on them

1 - 20 of 29 Posts