Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 Mustang has no emergency flashers, I've looked at the wiring and there is no flasher fuse or a place to put one. What can I do to install them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not rewiring the car, not yet at least. Could I splice a connector for the fuse? If so, what wire would I splice to? Is there one wire that controls both blinkers? There is a flasher button on the steering column, so it must've had it before. This car was really done half assed from the guy I bought it from, so every little thing fights me. Thanks for responding, I appreciate any help I get.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well you might have to wait to rewire the whole car or under the dash, but I believe their is just one wire. See if your turn signal connector (that is under the steering column) is missing a wire. The wire should go from the connector to its own flasher. It is white and red #4 in the diagram of the connector.

image-3727032374.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm sorry but I probably misread. Your just missing a flasher right? I thought you were missing the whole wire. I'm assuming your emergency lights turn on as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
6805stang said:
I'm not rewiring the car, not yet at least. Could I splice a connector for the fuse? If so, what wire would I splice to? Is there one wire that controls both blinkers? There is a flasher button on the steering column, so it must've had it before. This car was really done half assed from the guy I bought it from, so every little thing fights me. Thanks for responding, I appreciate any help I get.
God this sounds way too familiar...I haven't looked into the flashers yet but I'm going to now

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You can download colo wiring diagrams from Virginia Mustang. You might just be missing the flasher module and the wires are loose or taped together.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
6805stang said:
All the lights work except for the flashers. Thanks for all the diagrams!
Have you replaced the flasher module?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't replaced the module, where is it? I haven't had a chance to look at the diagrams yet. Work has been crazy.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
6805stang said:
I haven't replaced the module, where is it? I haven't had a chance to look at the diagrams yet. Work has been crazy.
It's under the dash on the drivers side. It's either a small metal cylinder a little smaller than shot glass or a metal cube about the same size with 2 wires connected to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts