Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! So I recently bought my first ever mustang at 17, its a 2007 v6 and took me over a year to save up for, Im highly interested in modding my car of course but I have no idea where to start, as a 17 year old money is one of the biggest problems I face, and as such Im starting to map out the cost of everything and looking through alot of threads, people are saying dyno tuning isn’t worth it but I eventually wanna turbo charge my car, So I guess my main question at the moment would be is Dyno Tuning worth it? and if so should my car be tuned before or after I make adjustments to my stang.

I have no idea if i posted this to the right thread (if not I apologize) But I wanna change my current exhaust, turbo charge my car, and change the cold air intake. Would these changes affect my car if it were to be dyno tuned? and if so should i tune before or after I change the parts out.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
The tuning should be done after the modifications are completed.
My best advice is to leave the car stock, keep up all of the maintenance, and just drive the car and enjoy it for what it is.
While the 4.0 V6 is a very reliable engine, it is not a very good platform for doing modifications such as turbocharging.
Save your money, and get a more capable platform, such as a Coyote powered car, to begin your high-horsepower build. It will actually be less expensive for the horsepower gained in the long run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts