Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was on the freeway tonight and I went to shift into 5th gear... and ummm there was no 5th gear.. 8o!! I just recently installed a Pro 5.0 short throw so I'm gonna pull it apart tomorrow and see if maybe I did something wrong but all the other gears feel great... 8o

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Maybe you set the stops to tight and it is not going completely into 5th gear?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
you shouldnt use bump stops period, take them out
Why do you think that? :confused:
Older T5's are known to need them to prevent overshifting and bending the shifting forks.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Check your shifter boot and make sure it isn't bunching up and preventing you from getting the trans into gear.

Here's a link to a Pro 5.0 Shifter Install in case you want to go over the installation and double check the install.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I'm curious also. I don't use them as an actuall stop, but I just set mine a hair past where it goes when I shift.
That's exactly what you are supposed to do.
That way when you shift fast and hard they prevent you from putting to much pressure on the shifting forks.
I think some or maybe all of the newer transmissions have stops built in, but the older T5's do not.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
any ideas on what I can do to save some cash?
Buy a service manual, tear it down yourself and see if it can be repaired.
That will save you a lot of labor costs at $70 or more per hour.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm over here in Roseburg, Oregon. thanks for the offer. If I need a new trans, or replacement probably be like a month or so before I can buy a new one. :)

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Did you try putting the stock shifter back in to see if you still didn't have 5th?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts