Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my car for a little over a month and just noticed no CD player lol.
I don't have the B&O sound system but I do have the 301a.
Not that I used it all that often but thought I'd just share my findings.
Cheers.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
My 07 came with the Shaker 500. It wasn't a bad system to me but as I was informed, it wasn't a terribly good system either. And that it would eventually go out on me. I eventually Replaced it as well as the Stock Amplifiers.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only imagine your disappointment as you sat there, with your favorite CD in hand, fruitlessly searching for a slot to pop it into...
:(
I kid you not, I had the CD in my hand trying to feed it into a slot that didn't exist lol.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Filling a micro USB drive with gigabytes of music always inserted and ready to go is the way to go. That's all I listen to in the Mustang. Never even listen to the radio. All my music with no commercials and no media to mess with, store, carry around or have someone spot to steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
900 Posts
I can only imagine your disappointment as you sat there, with your favorite CD in hand, fruitlessly searching for a slot to pop it into...
I kid you not, I had the CD in my hand trying to feed it into a slot that didn't exist lol.

That’s priceless! Haha

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Lol complaining about no CD player in 2019 is like complaining about no tape decks in 2003.

I literally cannot remember the last time I listened to something on a CD... CDs have been obsolete and a pain in the *** for years. I'm sure I'll get flamed by a bunch of the old heads in here for saying so.

Spend the $20 on a good USB stick or micro SD card for your phone and never have to worry about changing a CD or not having your music with you again. Also suggest $10 a month for a Premium Google Play Music account. Stream literally anything directly to the phone and it also comes with a Youtube Red membership included.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lol complaining about no CD player in 2019 is like complaining about no tape decks in 2003.

I literally cannot remember the last time I listened to something on a CD... CDs have been obsolete and a pain in the *** for years. I'm sure I'll get flamed by a bunch of the old heads in here for saying so.

Spend the $20 on a good USB stick or micro SD card for your phone and never have to worry about changing a CD or not having your music with you again. Also suggest $10 a month for a Premium Google Play Music account. Stream literally anything directly to the phone and it also comes with a Youtube Red membership included.
Who's complaining, just mentioned it.......
I use spotify but thanks.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
My Mach 460 head unit ate a few CD's back around 2013 lol. I was able to get them out about a month later and I never stuck another CD in it since. Makes me wonder if Ford (and possibly others) decided not to put CD players in the cars because nobody made hardware anymore that would last any more than a few years lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So I've had my car for a little over a month and just noticed no CD player lol.
I don't have the B&O sound system but I do have the 301a.
Not that I used it all that often but thought I'd just share my findings.
Cheers.
My 401A with B&O has an opening and I assumed its the CD...but havent tried it...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts