Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My 401A with B&O has an opening and I assumed its the CD...but havent tried it...
How many miles on your 19, and have you've done your first oil change?
The reason I ask is to see if you have the dreaded tick.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

·
Registered
115 Posts
Only 360 miles...to tick...thinking of addind ceratec and/or changing oil soon to 5w30 PUP to try avoid it...all the hype make you paranoid but many people dont get the tick...

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nothing on mine yet, a bottle of Ceratec will be going in at the first oil change just as a preventive measure.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Ceratec is yet another snake oil. It doesn't do anything

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nothing on mine either, car is awesome!
Debating whether use the ceratec now or wait first oil change...
I was debating the exact some thing. But I'm going to wait to hit the 1k mark, do an oil change and dump a bottle in, unless it stats ticking before hand, I'll have Ford document it.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Yeah no there are 100s of threads on the topic, some are wild, some make sorta sense... Lots of ppl have tried it with 0 results. Something is wrong with those engines that needs addressed whether its piston slap or excessive belt pull on the front crank bearing or a clearance issue somewhere or what.

Along the same lines as the "secret sauce" for the 3650 transmissions that had the fork/synchro issues. Only band aided ones with minor issues, did nothing to fix the actual problem.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Anyway, back on topic... One thing that is nice about not needing CD players anymore is that aftermarket decks are super shallow and small now, plenty of room for the wires behind the dash.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Lol, you missed out on the greatness and also as soon as you go that fresh new CD you threw it in the boombox and recorded the whole thing to a cassette so you could play it in the car lmao.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
I am old enough to have had parents with vinyl collections. Hell I had one of those kiddie turn tables growing up and the kids records that needed that little yellow adapter thing to use big hole records on a regular player.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I am old enough to have had parents with vinyl collections. Hell I had one of those kiddie turn tables growing up and the kids records that needed that little yellow adapter thing to use big hole records on a regular player.

Me too. My parents had 78s. Had the little record player that looked like a suitcase. Used to cut the cardboard records off the back of cereal boxes, songs like Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
You guys haven't lived until you drop a needle onto a vintage piece of vinyl....
Correction, you have not lived until you light some incense to cover something else burning while listening to otis redding sitting on the dock of the bay on your portable record player. Still have the record. Don't have that particular record player anymore, but I do have one.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
You guys haven't lived until you drop a needle onto a vintage piece of vinyl....
See, now I always hated playing records. You always had trouble with the needles and YOU might be careful with your records, you your sibling NEVER is and they get scratched lol. Although, having needle trouble meant visiting radio shack and that was always cool.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts