Mustang Evolution Forum banner

No more CD player in the 2019's!?

17K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
So I've had my car for a little over a month and just noticed no CD player lol.
I don't have the B&O sound system but I do have the 301a.
Not that I used it all that often but thought I'd just share my findings.
Cheers.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

#2 ·
My 07 came with the Shaker 500. It wasn't a bad system to me but as I was informed, it wasn't a terribly good system either. And that it would eventually go out on me. I eventually Replaced it as well as the Stock Amplifiers.

#5 ·
Filling a micro USB drive with gigabytes of music always inserted and ready to go is the way to go. That's all I listen to in the Mustang. Never even listen to the radio. All my music with no commercials and no media to mess with, store, carry around or have someone spot to steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#7 · (Edited)
Lol complaining about no CD player in 2019 is like complaining about no tape decks in 2003.

I literally cannot remember the last time I listened to something on a CD... CDs have been obsolete and a pain in the *** for years. I'm sure I'll get flamed by a bunch of the old heads in here for saying so.

Spend the $20 on a good USB stick or micro SD card for your phone and never have to worry about changing a CD or not having your music with you again. Also suggest $10 a month for a Premium Google Play Music account. Stream literally anything directly to the phone and it also comes with a Youtube Red membership included.

#10 ·
My Mach 460 head unit ate a few CD's back around 2013 lol. I was able to get them out about a month later and I never stuck another CD in it since. Makes me wonder if Ford (and possibly others) decided not to put CD players in the cars because nobody made hardware anymore that would last any more than a few years lol.

#19 ·
So I've had my car for a little over a month and just noticed no CD player lol.
I don't have the B&O sound system but I do have the 301a.
Not that I used it all that often but thought I'd just share my findings.
Cheers.
My 401A with B&O has an opening and I assumed its the CD...but havent tried it...

Attachments

#25 ·
Ceratec is yet another snake oil. It doesn't do anything

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#28 · (Edited)
Yeah no there are 100s of threads on the topic, some are wild, some make sorta sense... Lots of ppl have tried it with 0 results. Something is wrong with those engines that needs addressed whether its piston slap or excessive belt pull on the front crank bearing or a clearance issue somewhere or what.

Along the same lines as the "secret sauce" for the 3650 transmissions that had the fork/synchro issues. Only band aided ones with minor issues, did nothing to fix the actual problem.

#29 ·
Anyway, back on topic... One thing that is nice about not needing CD players anymore is that aftermarket decks are super shallow and small now, plenty of room for the wires behind the dash.

#32 ·
Lol, you missed out on the greatness and also as soon as you go that fresh new CD you threw it in the boombox and recorded the whole thing to a cassette so you could play it in the car lmao.

#35 ·
I am old enough to have had parents with vinyl collections. Hell I had one of those kiddie turn tables growing up and the kids records that needed that little yellow adapter thing to use big hole records on a regular player.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#36 ·
Me too. My parents had 78s. Had the little record player that looked like a suitcase. Used to cut the cardboard records off the back of cereal boxes, songs like Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Reactions: crjackson
#41 ·
We had an 8 track that came stock in my Dad's 79 Thunderchicken special edition Trans Am. That car was cool but holy **** the build quality of those years and the materials... there is a reason the Japanese cars took over from the late 70s as far as quality and reliability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.