Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As those of you that were at the bama meet know, I used to have a helluva rake working. Well, finally managed to get my rear springs in and the brakes no longer grind like hell.

Front are H&R supersports off of a 95 cobra. Rears are stock 03 cobra coupe springs cut 3/4 coil and no upper isolator. Brakes are Rotorpros crossdrilled and slotted.

Front is now ~26" from ground to top center of the wheel well, about 1 of my fingers gap...

Rear is now ~26 3/4" from ground to top center of the wheel well, about 1 3/4-2 of my fingers gap...

Here are the results changes:
(more/fullsize drop images can be seen here: Rob's Online Gallery - Drop
and more stock images can be seen here: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/gallery-209.htm and here: Rob's Online Gallery - Kyle and I 4/21/07

Before:

After:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
**** yeah dude, nice stance... if you'd like some springs for the rears that would actually sit it exactly the same, but have a better spring rate let me know.. pay shipping and they're yours.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** yeah dude, nice stance... if you'd like some springs for the rears that would actually sit it exactly the same, but have a better spring rate let me know.. pay shipping and they're yours.
What rate are they? These are 600's which are about 640 after the cutting. And, will they fit the IRS? (probably a dumb question)

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
What rate are they? These are 600's which are about 640 after the cutting. And, will they fit the IRS? (probably a dumb question)
Actualy, to be honest, I have no idea. They came off an 01 3.8 stang and they've been sitting in my garage since. They're black, ill try to get a part # tomorrow to see if i can track down a rate... but they sat the guys car about 2 1/2 fingers width front the fender to tire... it looked good, and his was a vert as well. As far as the IRS thing, do they use different springs, I dont even know... :eek::

Hit me up on AIM man :good:

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actualy, to be honest, I have no idea. They came off an 01 3.8 stang and they've been sitting in my garage since. They're black, ill try to get a part # tomorrow to see if i can track down a rate... but they sat the guys car about 2 1/2 fingers width front the fender to tire... it looked good, and his was a vert as well. As far as the IRS thing, do they use different springs, I dont even know... :eek::

Hit me up on AIM man :good:
My guess is the IRS uses different springs only from the fact that when you shop for springs, it says IRS and non IRS some of the times.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
IRS does use different springs.

But it looks good man

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
^ :lol:

looks good though :good:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts