Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my front bumper has had it. Not only has weathering and driving it in the snow given it quite a beating over the past two years, but the other day I must've pulled too far in a parking spot and clipped the curb and bit and dislodged the side of the bumper off of it's bracket.

I'm tried of making temporary fixes and I just can't afford to get a new bumper and paint right now (I've been wanting a stage III roush for a while...). Anyways, my stepdad and I are gonna be putting back on the old bumper this weekend, the OEM one, and I wanted some opinions from you all about it.

Do you think with adding on GT fog lamps and a mach 1 chin spoiler that it might actually look good and go along with the flow of the rest of my car?? What are your views on that??

(Oh... and welcome back to the Hooter's guy!! (Edit: Where's my : shahrum : smilie?!?! I'm hurt!!)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
first off welcome back!! Secondly, I think that the Mach chin spoiler on a stock bumper looks awesome, and I think it would work really well with your car.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Holy ****!!!! Shahrum, where you been buddy???? I think it would look better than the stormtrooper front bumper thats on there now, the stage 3 would look good whenever you get the dough for that...I also think you should still change up the rear, and those exhaust tips too ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha ya... trust me... gots ta get rid of the fiberglass rear and exhaust tips eventually... but do you think the stock front & mach 1 chin would flow with the spoiler/rear I've got now?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I saw who started this thread, and thought, "Great. Another thread from the dead." lol

Welcome back, and I think a new bumper w/ GT fogs would be fine with ur current setup. Esp if you plan on getting Roush eventually.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
welcome back
any ways the stock bumper would look ok with the gt fogs and chin spoiler but i think that you would have to paint the chin spoiler red like your car so it could look good

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Holly crap. It's Shahrum. We all thought you left us. Talk to Brent about your smilie.

The chin spoiler will probally go for about $50 or $60. So, I would suggest just saving the cash and putting the OEM ones on.

Welcome back. Plus, Brent made me a mod now. :D

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Welcome back man! I love the look of the Mach 1 Chin, Ill get pictures of garys car with it, he has the same color red i think

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
He needs this right here.

- Full Roush Stage 3 Kit w/Side Exhaust
- Smoked Headlights and Fog Lights
- Saleen Heat Riser Hood

That would be a show stopper right there. :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
OMG I think I am gonna go into SHAHRUM SHOCK ( welcome back man )

It should look fine, I dont think I would paint the chin spoiler to match the car, they were ment to stand out!

And yes I still agree on that rear bumper comment that was mention'd!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
dang dude, i thought you had died. I dont think you should waste your money on foglights and a chin spoiler if you are saving up for a roush bumper cover. it doesnt really make sense if you ask me.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you're all right. My stepdad said he can fix up the ricestang bumper for now and get it back on the brackets. So I'll have him do that and hopefully as soon as I pay off one of my $500 limit credit cards, I'll just put the roush bumper on that and try to get it painted under $200.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Welcome back man, great to have ya back. I wouldn't spend any money on my stock bumper if I was going to buy a new bumper as soon as I could...but that's just me i guess

1 - 17 of 17 Posts