Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a satellite radio today but my lighters do not work so I cannot plug the power source from the radio in. Is it a fuse or what?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Mine does the same thing... they worked when i bought the car but suddenly stopped and all the fuses are fine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joey18 said:
Mine does the same thing... they worked when i bought the car but suddenly stopped and all the fuses are fine.
Yea I think they worked when I got mine but now the one near the shifter doesn't work but the one where the ash tray is does work. So weird.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
There's a couple of things to check. If your fuses are fine, there could be a fault in the connect to the 12V socket (lighter). Pull it out and check the connection. Also, the socket itself could be worn out. Swap your working socket with the defective one. See if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
748 Posts
JB_MUSTANG_V6 said:
I am getting a satellite radio today but my lighters do not work so I cannot plug the power source from the radio in. Is it a fuse or what?
it is most likely a fuse. the size for the one near the gear shifter is 20 amps and the number for it is 1 on your fuse box. the other one im not to sure about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts