Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 96 gt that had a random misfiring issue. I replaced the coil modules and it did improve it. Then all of the sudden, one day it just developed a constant misfire.

I checked for spark, and it was fine. I went through unplugging and replying all the injectors and only one seemed to not affect idle. So I checked for a voltage on that one and there was nothing. I compared this to adjacent ones and they all had a signal. It was only the one that did not.

Would this be an ecm issue? If so, is there a way to fix this or just buy another ecm? And if I went to the junk yard and grabbed one, how would I get around the chip in my key? Or would it affect that?

Thanks in advance...

· Administrator
1,902 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Someone will be along shortly to offer advice.

· Tech Advisor
2006 Mustang GT Deluxe
69 Posts
Hello,

I have a 96 gt that had a random misfiring issue. I replaced the coil modules and it did improve it. Then all of the sudden, one day it just developed a constant misfire.

I checked for spark, and it was fine. I went through unplugging and replying all the injectors and only one seemed to not affect idle. So I checked for a voltage on that one and there was nothing. I compared this to adjacent ones and they all had a signal. It was only the one that did not.

Would this be an ecm issue? If so, is there a way to fix this or just buy another ecm? And if I went to the junk yard and grabbed one, how would I get around the chip in my key? Or would it affect that?

Thanks in advance...
You might want to trace back the wiring to that injector and check if there's a break.

· Tech Advisor
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,198 Posts
meeces sometimes chew wires into peeces......It's less likely that it is an ecm issue but, because this is Sequential fire not batch fire, it's still possible. Wiring is most likley, injector itself second, ECM last. If you move the injector around you can eliminate or confirm the injector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts