Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn off the ignition in my 03 GT, I here a slight buzz for a couple of seconds. I am thinking fuel pump but not sure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not much to go on, can you get a recording of the noise?

The fuel pump should shut down as soon as the key is switched off, the f/p relay coil is powered from a source that is hot in RUN and START only--as the pump is under load it should not take more than 1/4 second, if that, for it to spin down.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is so slight, I could not record it. Been doing this since I bought it 9 months ago but i didn't notice it for the first couple of weeks. I don't think it is major, but I am curious.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Don't make sense, but adding high HP seems to bring demons all its own. My exhaust make strange leaking sounds when cold. Ghost in the machine. Ha ha!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
When I shut mine down the fan runs for a second. Maybe it that. I here when I open the door. Kind of a whining down noise.
I can hear mine spin down too. Especially now that my performance tune runs the fan more than the stock or street tune did.

You could have a looks at the fan shroud and make sure there is not some debris in there that could be close to the fan blade, etc.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I can hear mine spin down too. Especially now that my performance tune runs the fan more than the stock or street tune did.

You could have a looks at the fan shroud and make sure there is not some debris in there that could be close to the fan blade, etc.
Don't bother. If I know y'all right, you know dang well it's the added performance. Our cars won't sound like 2013 cars. We are pushing the limit. A person can buy a 2013 Stang and never be in the same league as us (we are in a league of our own). Should start a thread on weird sounds our cars make. We are well respected.

About the fan, be glad your fan runs on auto. Mine does not. I monitor temps before shut down just in case. Your PCM fail safe features are fully functional. Quit worrying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts