Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never saw anything on this for stangs like my '04 3.9, but I am on my 2nd tank of non ethanol gasoline and WOW what a difference. 2+ mpg better and she runs better, too. I'm running CAI, Bama tunes and Amsoil synthetics. That made 22.7 mpg vs. 19-20 mpg on e10. Any other comments on this?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Never saw anything on this for stangs like my '04 3.9, but I am on my 2nd tank of non ethanol gasoline and WOW what a difference. 2+ mpg better and she runs better, too. I'm running CAI, Bama tunes and Amsoil synthetics. That made 22.7 mpg vs. 19-20 mpg on e10. Any other comments on this?

Mabistar,

There's a few give and takes for non ethanol vs. E10. For your situation with a bolt-on Mustang that has a somewhat low compression ratio, you can only see benefits from it for sure! Now, when you start getting into more serious mods and the compression or cylinder pressure is increased, that's when E10 becomes more efficient for making power (not mpg). Since ethanol burns cooler, it keeps the combustion temps down and helps prevent any knocking.

This is a pretty cool topic, there's a lot more that goes into it too. Hopefully more will share this experiences! Just curious, where are you finding non ethanol gasoline? We don't have any around this area.

Shane

·
Registered
681 Posts
AMShaneLesky said:
Mabistar,

There's a few give and takes for non ethanol vs. E10. For your situation with a bolt-on Mustang that has a somewhat low compression ratio, you can only see benefits from it for sure! Now, when you start getting into more serious mods and the compression or cylinder pressure is increased, that's when E10 becomes more efficient for making power (not mpg). Since ethanol burns cooler, it keeps the combustion temps down and helps prevent any knocking.

This is a pretty cool topic, there's a lot more that goes into it too. Hopefully more will share this experiences! Just curious, where are you finding non ethanol gasoline? We don't have any around this area.

Shane
That sucks, im in Oklahoma, in a smaller town around the tulsa area, we have 1 store in town that has ethanol free gas. Its the only place i get gas from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll do some more looking. I do know that some states won't allow the sale of non ethanol. I live in Northeast Texas, about an hour east of Dallas. Our county seat hasa station. As far as more mods, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. This is my first Mustang, and this one may go to one of my kids so I can get a newer v6 or a GT to toy with.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
we have 2 stations here with non ethonol gas..it's even a few cents cheaper per gallon. i love it. although i think it's time to change my filter...my last tank was only 240 miles out of it, and that was with only minimal crazy driving

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
1slosix said:
we have 2 stations here with non ethonol gas..it's even a few cents cheaper per gallon. i love it. although i think it's time to change my filter...my last tank was only 240 miles out of it, and that was with only minimal crazy driving
Ill trade you a station. What do you need over there? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts