Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i have heard its not good on the engine to put a supercharger in since its my daily car and to just put nos for now so i can use it only when i want. is it true that it will put too much stress on my engine if i put a supercharger in it

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Depends on boost levels really, and anytime you put more power in a motor than it was designed for its gonna be stressful. Just keep it safe in the low 400 range with a great tune and you should be fine. Nitrous can also be very harmful if not done correctly. It's all a risk really. Just have a proper install and a good tuner

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

I know there's one guy on here that has had a supercharger on how car for quite some time with over 6-digit mileage

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Spray will always be more detrimental to your motor than a blower... go w a non root style blower so you only build boost once you hit 3k rpm it's great for daily use...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Brenspeed has a kit for our cars using a vortech... includes everything you need for under 4k and you will make better more consistent power than w a cheap $500+ 150 shot... plus will not effect the integrity of your motor

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
There are constantly debates in the 10-14 section about twin screw vs centri so if you don't find any in the 05-09 (I would be surprised if you didn't) then you could at least learn benefits and drawbacks of them,

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
There are constantly debates in the 10-14 section about twin screw vs centri so if you don't find any in the 05-09 (I would be surprised if you didn't) then you could at least learn benefits and drawbacks of them,
Don't forget twin screw / centri vs tvs roots!!! And Turbos while you are at it.

All comes down to usage and price (and looks.... Duh).

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Bottles are for babies
Real men get blown

I have mine supercharged however I am a 2011

Centri is a safer set up since the boost doesn't kick in until about 3k. It is not unsafe to do it as long as you don't get crazy with the boost levels. It is like everything out there with a car. If you beat on it constantly you are going to break something which can happen with nos as much as it can happen with an sc. Nitrous kits are cheaper but if u want consistent power and also not have a pressurized bomb in ur trunk forced induction is the way to go.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Silversky545 said:
Brenspeed has a kit for our cars using a vortech... includes everything you need for under 4k and you will make better more consistent power than w a cheap $500+ 150 shot... plus will not effect the integrity of your motor
+1. That's the one I got. That along with some Brenspeed Detroit rockers. :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts