Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a car meet a few days ago and I saw this NOS hidden system on a 2008 Mustang GT. Have to admit, it looked very cool and I can tell the owner put some great work as the set up was nicely installed and hidden under the dash on the passenger side with some custom brackets. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner about it, but it got me thinking and now I'm curious since this system is pretty affordable.

Would this system be applicable on my 2010 GT and/or how can I make it work? I know the instructions say I will need to find a way to run more fuel to compensate for the NOS shot, but can I run a straight dry shot since its only a small amount this system will put out of nitrous?

Also, I am running a 91 octane tune from BAMA on my 4.6; am I risking anything if I spray on this tune?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also heard of someone hiding NOS in their doors, 2 little bottles in each. Doesn't Bama offer a re-tune? Although I used MPT to tune my car.

Yea, BAMA does offer free tunes for any mods for life, but my question is will this system hurt my engine more than it will help as far power gains?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Nothing wrong with nitrous at all, nothing sketchy about it, dam fast and furious movies gave the **** a bad rep.

now OP the kit you are talking about will work on your car, a dry shot is perfectly fine, you will just have to take out some timing, how much depends on how big of a shot, all you need to do is make sure you have the fuel supply to support a dry shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nitrous is just like any other power adder. There could be issues, but with a proper tune and knowledge of what you are doing, it can be a wonderful addition.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nitrous is just like any other power adder. There could be issues, but with a proper tune and knowledge of what you are doing, it can be a wonderful addition.
DING DING DING!!!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
OP-I was just thinking to myself reading this, where's Rap when you need him and he beat me to it! This guy has a load of info on Nitrous! I think we definitely need to have these sold here and I'll be sure to get them brought on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP-I was just thinking to myself reading this, where's Rap when you need him and he beat me to it! This guy has a load of info on Nitrous! I think we definitely need to have these sold here and I'll be sure to get them brought on!

That would be great to have it at American Muscle, hopefully for a cheaper price too.

Thanks for the responses, this definitely helps...once I have it all dialed down and installed I will post pics of the setup and its impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 10 of 10 Posts