1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this came from Forbes.com :
New car clunkers to avoid
Smart car was #7 on their top 10 list

Sales have dropped off considerably for this oddball tiny two-seat coupe and convertible since its 2008 introduction. It’s built in Europe by
Mercedes-Benz, but it’s hardly a luxury car. Though it feels roomier on the inside than it looks from the outside, it’s vastly underpowered, with a fussy automated manual transmission that shifts slowly and sloppily. It boasts good fuel economy at 33/41 mpg, but requires premium-grade gas, which robs an owner of any financial savings at the pump.

The Smart ForTwo posted less than stellar results in government crash tests, receiving only three stars for front-passenger protection and rollover resistance, and this was from the more lenient pre-2011 model-year program. The ForTwo scored among the worst of all vehicles in performance tests conducted by Consumer Reports and garnered the lowest rating for overall value among current small cars. It gets a rock bottom rating for residual value from Automotive Lease Guide.

·
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah....what a crock of **** this car is. Preimum gas,poor saftey rating and Ive seen 32mpg on the highway on the 5.0

·
Registered
228 Posts
DDTCM said:
Yeah....what a crock of **** this car is. Preimum gas,poor saftey rating and Ive seen 32mpg on the highway on the 5.0
+1 I don't know what the appeal even is haha

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It looks like it might be a fun "little toy" to put around town in!.. But I'll never buy one!.. It's nothing more than a coffin on wheels with weak little go-cart motor!..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
jhagan1980 said:
Look up the smart car with the hayabusa engine installed. That thing is a beast.
Ya that one and the one that was modded into a monster truck are both pretty cool!... But.... It's not my thing!..

·
Registered
61 Posts
This happened in New Orleans when I was on my way home right under the west bank expressway .. I don't think they made it out..
HOLY CRAP!:popcorn: I cant look away

·
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a group of smart cars that does laps for charity at TMS every year.....pretty funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts