Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off im a newbie here, I hava a 2011 gt auto. My upgrades are, roush cai, boss intake, bbk 85mm throttle, 3.73 rear, dynatech long tubes, 3" collectors and x pipe with high flow cats w/ roush axle backs. Also it was tuned at a local speed shop using a Diablosport intune tuner. After all that the it was dynoed with only 376 rwhp and 325 tq. Im left with the feeling i should have a little more power. I understand its an auto but still shouldnt I be pushing a little more power? Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 93 octane tune and only use mobile gas, and im in Milwaukee,WI

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

And I had it tuned at a place called west bend dyno tuning . They work more with gm cars but only place that I know of that tunes and dynos

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Somthing is horribly wrong I say just get a bama 93 tune

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Wow that does seem kind of bad.

I have stock IM and Rush CAI and O/R X paired with a Bama canned hybrid tune and I pulled 411HP and 394Torque.

I would expect you pull better than that.

Hmmm.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Somthing is horribly wrong I say just get a bama 93 tune
Agreed. I would bet a canned tune would far out perform a tune from a speed shop that doesn't work on ford cars.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I been reading a lot of good things about the bama tune and i was planing on selling my DiabloSport tuner and getting a sct tuner and replacing my roush cai for a jlt or steeda.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I been reading a lot of good things about the bama tune and i was planing on selling my DiabloSport tuner and getting a sct tuner and replacing my roush cai for a jlt or steeda.
Bama has great tunes! Plus if you buy from American Muscle, you get free tunes for life! Can't go wrong and the Steeda or Airraid CAI's are best. American muscle sells sets of tuners and CAI's. Also! I live here in Waukesha. There don't seem to be too many people from Wisconsin I've found here, but glad to run into someone else from the dairy state!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I've been nothing but happy with Bama. I've had a half dozen revised tunes from them.

You can get a street tune, performance tune, or race tune, or my favorite so far the Hybrid tune. Hybrid is just a mix of the race and street tunes combined.

I always get new tunes the next day and usually long before I need them.

I cannot really speak for the JLT or the Steeda other than I know I will be selling my roush CAI and buying a steeda. I purchased the roush before I got the tuner, hence why I didn't get the steeda at the time.

Live and learn right?

Althought I do believe you can keep the diablosport tuner with AM, you just have to buy their tunes for life for 150.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Yikes,that's what my car pulled with a CAI and canned Bama tune. Definitely go a different route with the tune/tuner and don't worry bout swapping out the CAI. You will be wasting money if you do that because there will be no difference.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guy i got my rims from said there is a insert in the roush cai that i should remove but what about the fact that it uses the factory tubing and it has baffles. Isnt the tubing larger on aftermarket cai that come with the tubing? And doesn't the baffles affect the air flow?. my old car was a 79 trans am im not used to all this tuning stuff yet!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The guy i got my rims from said there is a insert in the roush cai that i should remove but what about the fact that it uses the factory tubing and it has baffles. Isnt the tubing larger on aftermarket cai that come with the tubing? And doesn't the baffles affect the air flow?. my old car was a 79 trans am im not used to all this tuning stuff yet!
insert in the roush cai...what? lol not so? it literally is how you installed it.

CAI hold a lot of arguments on here haha. Personally I want to get the steeda and run a dyno with the roush and then with the steeda. I have often wondered if the roush is worse than the stock box.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
insert in the roush cai...what? lol not so? it literally is how you installed it.

CAI hold a lot of arguments on here haha. Personally I want to get the steeda and run a dyno with the roush and then with the steeda. I have often wondered if the roush is worse than the stock box.
---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I see that! The roush cai and the mufflers were on the car when i bought it. Everything else i had done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will the stc or DiabloSport hold tunes from different "name brand tuners? can i have a bama and steeda tune on the same tuner?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Will the stc or DiabloSport hold tunes from different "name brand tuners? can i have a bama and steeda tune on the same tuner?
I am not familiar with DiabloSport tuners but with SCT you can. The SCT tuner can hold 3 tunes at a time. So you could put a Steeda tune, Bama Tune, and a speed shop tune on their. You can custom label the tunes so you know which is which.

just keep in mind only 3, although I only have 2 I ever actually use, and one for play.

My SCT tuner always has a 93 Race, 93 Cam, and 93 Hybrid tune from Bama. But I could literally drive to brennspeed and have them tune my car and say take the 93 Cam tune off and put theirs in its place.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Doesn't diablo use bama tunes?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Lookin at the in tune on American muscle says 3 free tunes from bama

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I am not familiar with DiabloSport tuners but with SCT you can. The SCT tuner can hold 3 tunes at a time. So you could put a Steeda tune, Bama Tune, and a speed shop tune on their. You can custom label the tunes so you know which is which.

just keep in mind only 3, although I only have 2 I ever actually use, and one for play.

My SCT tuner always has a 93 Race, 93 Cam, and 93 Hybrid tune from Bama. But I could literally drive to brennspeed and have them tune my car and say take the 93 Cam tune off and put theirs in its place.
That's a big sellin point for me then. I thought it was just restricted to bama tunes. I think ill get a tuner now instead of the CAI as my first performance mod

1 - 20 of 67 Posts