Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i want to get gears and i was looking to get the 3.73 but i did some research and people were saying dont get 3.73 you spin to much on the stock wheels then a lot were saying get it, it makes a big difference then i seen 3.55 so now i dont know what to get anymore

·
Registered
737 Posts
Dude I have no idea what you just said. You really need to work on your grammar skills if you want people to understand and help you.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
It all depends on why you need to do the change.

If you are going racing a whole lot you will want the low 3.55 ratio. If your just looking for more zip on the street and don't care about miles per gallon get the 3.73's. Either set will cause easy wheel spin if you give it a lot of gas on take off without some good sticky tires on the back.

If you are not auuto-Xing or drag racing or just plain any type of racing I would just leave the gears alone and get a good set of mufflers, a good Cold air intake and if that's not enough get a Bama tune. You will get excellent street performance and still get good MPG for a lot less $$$$$$ then gears and tires.

Ronnie:good:

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
What ???????????????????????????????????????

I don't understand what you are asking.:confused:

You said:
how would 3.73 vs 3.55 on the street beside gas like racing?
What are you asking. ?????
Ronnie [

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
I've got 3.73's and about 450hp on stock 255/35/19 Pirelli Pzero Nero's. If you're worried about having too much spin, it's all in the clutch work.

You've got a V6 so I wouldn't worry about your gas mileage too much. And if you got an auto, you just have to find the sweet spot of the pedal to accelerate without spinning.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
3.73 and don't look back. 3.55s are the best if you are going Turbo, but if you aren't 3.73s.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got 3.73's and about 450hp on stock 255/35/19 Pirelli Pzero Nero's. If you're worried about having too much spin, it's all in the clutch work.

You've got a V6 so I wouldn't worry about your gas mileage too much. And if you got an auto, you just have to find the sweet spot of the pedal to accelerate without spinning.
no its standard i think im going to go with 3.73 lol

·
Registered
7,622 Posts

Now looking at American Muscle and your mentioned tire I see that your using an All Season Tire for and you currently have 3:73 gears. The factory stock 17 inch tires that come on the V6 models are also an All Season Tire, Michelin. Since both tires are an All Season radial is your tire stickier when it comes to traction? Traction purposes does your tire provide a better level of less tire spin than the Michelin All season Tires?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Now looking at American Muscle and your mentioned tire I see that your using an All Season Tire for and you currently have 3:73 gears. The factory stock 17 inch tires that come on the V6 models are also an All Season Tire, Michelin. Since both tires are an All Season radial is your tire stickier when it comes to traction? Traction purposes does your tire provide a better level of less tire spin than the Michelin All season Tires?
Are the stock 17's 7" wide or 7.5"? Sorry I have no clue. Lol

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
I would think that the all season tire would roughly have similar traction rating. You could upgrade for something stickier.

Are the stock 17's 7" wide or 7.5"? Sorry I have no clue. Lol
It's a 17'x7'

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I would think that the all season tire would roughly have similar traction rating. You could upgrade for something stickier.

It's a 17'x7'
Well I was thinking on the lines of the similar thought. If both tires are a all season tire and give a very similar traction. If people
are running 3:73 gears on a 390 torque 5.0 on factory all season tires and people are not having major traction issues, then a v6 with 280 torque shouldn't have spinning issues on 3:73 gears either. OP, get the 3:73 gears. Mine are going in tomorrow.

·
Registered
730 Posts

It's a 17'x7'
Ok, Thx primer

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Well I was thinking on the lines of the similar thought. If both tires are a all season tire and give a very similar traction. If people
are running 3:73 gears on a 390 torque 5.0 on factory all season tires and people are not having major traction issues, then a v6 with 280 torque shouldn't have spinning issues on 3:73 gears either. OP, get the 3:73 gears. Mine are going in tomorrow.
Lucky!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts