Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Muscle sent me a ad for filters, I click on the ad for the Filter I want to look at or may even purchase and I now get this crap:

Page could not be loaded
The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link.

What the hack are they doing to what used to be the best Mustang stuff store in the world????????????
Ronnie

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did your link and got this again:
Page could not be loaded
The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link.
I'm just going to buy the filter on E-Bay and forget about AM
Ronnie

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has always worked good for me, but not the past couple of weeks.
Maybe because I use a desktop and not a smart phone.
Who knows???????????????
Ronnie

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me on my phone. Took it about 2 months but it finally started working again. No idea what the cause is.

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
Site has been working fine for me. Every site is going to have pages down for maintenance once in awhile, it happens. Its not a reason to never shop there again if the site is down for a few hours... And it has not been down for 2 weeks or having issues, that is on your end. Either something with your browser or internet settings or something with your ISP itself.

If you aren't using Chrome, use Chrome. If you are using Chrome and its still messing up try Opera or Firefox or even IE/Edge.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scotty, I'm sure they are not doing maintenance for over a week straight.
It very well may be something wrong with my computer which has not been changed in over seven or eight years.
Firefox don't work with XP
I will still probably buy from AM and I know I'm going to the show again in August.
I use Chrome and I'll just have to call them when I need something.
It is just very frustrating when things like this happen and nobody knows how to fix it.
Ronnie

What is IE/edge?

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
Internet explorer or edge. But... You are using XP. Browsers have not been made with XP in mind for years. There is no security using XP. I would never do an online purchase on a XP computer tbth... Don't be surprised if more and more websites stop working till you upgrade.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I just did your link and got this again:
Page could not be loaded
I'm just going to buy the filter on E-Bay and forget about AM
Ronnie

AM has been dead since the summer. i'm never using them again.
We had a customer service rep on here, but he left & AM has been useless since. :(

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
Damn I didn't know they went downhill so fast. I mean... they didn't sell anything could couldn't get from Summit/Jegs or any Mustang specific stuff LRS doesn't or couldn't get...

I lost a lot of faith in them when they sent me a chipped rim and I had to wait for regular shipping for the replacement. Last time Summit sent me a messed up part they overnighted a replacement that arrived 10AM the next day.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Wonder if anyone from AM stalks this group and sees what's being said about their company?

I've only had one issue. Ordered a polished radiator cover, they sent a brushed one. Corrected the mistake right away. You can get the same stuff from just about any online retailer these days. There is really nothing special about them, IMO.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
The only reason I still use AM is for any RTR parts, like the Decklid. Other than that I don't buy things from there anymore.

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
Damn so like... I haven't bought anything from them in forever... Did they just go downhill massively in the last year? I've always felt they sold way too much cheap ****. Only good stuff on their site is name brand stuff they happen to distribute IMO.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Damn so like... I haven't bought anything from them in forever... Did they just go downhill massively in the last year? I've always felt they sold way too much cheap ****. Only good stuff on their site is name brand stuff they happen to distribute IMO.

It looks like it; when I joined MEVO, everyone said AM was great, Alex (& Dan (who I dunno,)
I ordered, Alex was going to help me;
Alex vanishes, can't contact AM...
unless Alex returns, I'm badmouthing AM, MEVO sponsors or not.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It looks like it; when I joined MEVO, everyone said AM was great, Alex (& Dan (who I dunno,)
I ordered, Alex was going to help me;
Alex vanishes, can't contact AM...
unless Alex returns, I'm badmouthing AM, MEVO sponsors or not.

Mature ?☕

Instagram: @v6beast

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
I wonder if they still have reps on the big forums... I did notice that it was often a cluster **** with their customer service till a forum rep got involved.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did get a reply from Will when I PM'd him for the forum discount code. Only took him a few hours, but I agree that the overall presence is not what it once was.

Sent from sunny Afghanistan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts