Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It depends on the nature of your daily driving...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
How many miles will these tires last???
No one can tell you that, once again it depends on how and where you drive. They have a 300 treadwear rating which means they will wear faster that a run-of-the-mill family car tire, and quite a bit faster than a premium M&S tire like the Nitto Motivo which has a 560 treadwear rating.

You do realise the NT555 is a summer tire? If you live in a place where there is snow and/or ice then plan on parking your car for the winter with those tires.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cliffyk said:
No one can tell you that, once again it depends on how and where you drive. They have a 300 treadwear rating which means they will wear faster that a run-of-the-mill family car tire, and quite a bit faster than a premium M&S tire like the Nitto Motivo which has a 560 treadwear rating.

You do realise the NT555 is a summer tire? If you live in a place where there is snow and/or ice then plan on parking your car for the winter with those tires.
I live in South Carolina all I ever get is heat it never snows

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

cliffyk said:

Would the sumitomos last better than those?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I do not know as I have never used either Nittos or Sumitomos. For the last 25 years I have run Falken tires on everything I have owned--mostly their Azenis RT-615.

What are your criteria, in what order? Price, dry handing, wet handling, tread life, ride comfort, noise, etc--what are you looking for?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I live in South Carolina all I ever get is heat it never snows

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Would the sumitomos last better than those?
Sumitomos won't last 10 months. I have nitto nt555s on my car and love them! I had sumitomos last time and these were worth the extra money

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I been having Sumitomos for a year now and still have alot of tread left I would say about 80%
I like them, they hook good. I drive easy most of the time but I do play sometimes. Either tire is a good choice I got mine because the shop I been going to for years had them in stock so I said throw them on I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I been having Sumitomos for a year now and still have alot of tread left I would say about 80%
I like them, they hook good. I drive easy most of the time but I do play sometimes. Either tire is a good choice I got mine because the shop I been going to for years had them in stock so I said throw them on I'm happy with them.
He might be right. I had 4.10s and went through a small burn out phase

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I'm looking for the best tead life I can get out of a 315/35/17 tire
My rears are 315/45/17 and like I said 80% tread and I got them last January.
I have no problems with mine I drive pretty easy but every now and then I get on it.
I heard the Nitto's are a softer rubber compared to the Sumitomos, idk if that's true but if it is softer rubber will lunch better but also burn up faster. ( not knocking Nitto at all cause they are great tires, just what I heard )

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

He might be right. I had 4.10s and went through a small burn out phase
Lol that could of done it!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I get 12k to 15k miles from a set of the Falken RT-615s as they are so soft (treadwear rating is 180). However as I tell them at the shop where they are mounted and balanced, if treadwear were my major concern I would drive a Corolla...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm at 20k plus on nt555. Still lots of thread. Thread life shortened slightly by 1 smoking burn out. Great handling in rain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Sumitomo Z IIIs on my 02. They are really sticky tires and ride really well. They are extremely sensitive to rotations though. I went about 2k over on my rotation and the rears started to feather some. I have about 30k on them and they still have 5/32 tread left. They don't like a lot of water though.

I have sold triple nickels and motivos on a few of my customers mustangs and so for the motivos are the best tires for DD's. Triple nickels hook up well and are excellent for staggered fitments but the motivos seem the best all around tire. IMO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts